Hasty Goodbyes

**Elaine's POV**

Normally, in situations like these, I would have expected to find myself in a dark, dirty room with rats scurrying about. But this kidnapper, whoever they were, seemed to have an affinity for luxury. Here I was, tied to a comfortable pink chair in a room that could rival a five-star hotel suite, complete with a massive TV.My body felt weak, as if I'd been injected with something strange, and I found myself drifting in and out of consciousness. But I was never one to give in easily to fear or bullies."She is awake," remarked a woman who bore an uncanny resemblance to Katrina."Leave her alone; that's my son's fiancée," another woman interjected. I surmised this must be Jun's mother.Summoning every ounce of strength I had left, I forced my eyes open. There before me, Katrina's mother pointed a gun at Jun's mother, her face twisted in anger."Stop! Leave her alone! What do you want?" I asked, my voice trembling. If Jun were to witness this, it would shatter his heart. I had to protect him, even if it meant sacrificing my own happiness."Seriously...hmm, maybe you're not marrying Prince Li Jun," Katrina's mother hissed.I knew it. My heart sank, but I nodded in agreement. She handed me a document, and with a heavy heart, I signed it.

"Even if I am alive or not, you will stay away from him," she declared, her words like a blade slicing through my soul.Losing someone you care about hurts deeply, especially when you never had the chance to tell them how you felt. What started as a simple crush had evolved into nearly becoming his wife. But now, I stood at a wall, an insurmountable barrier between us. We had broken down every obstacle in our path, but this one felt impenetrable. Tears welled up in my eyes as I scrawled my signature across the paper."Thank you, darling, and don't tell anyone. I suggest you even leave the country," Katrina's mother said, her smile wicked.

I was transported back to the palace, and as I stepped out of the car, Rose came rushing toward me, bombarding me with questions. The contract not only separated me from Li Jun but freed me from the crown, a responsibility I wasn't ready to bear. It scared me, held me back from embracing the love that had blossomed between us. The contract, I realized, might just be a blessing in disguise. I promised Rose I would talk to her soon.And then, I saw him.

Li Jun.Approaching me with a worried expression, his eyes searching mine for answers. Without hesitation, he enveloped me in a tight hug and pecked my lips it was our first kiss.

"Elaine, where were you?" he asked, genuine concern etched on his face."I went out. Just leave me alone," I lied.

"Why? We're getting married," he said, his smirk fading.I took a deep breath, my heart aching as I contemplated what I had to do next.

"About that... let's cancel the wedding. I can't marry you," I confessed.His expression shifted from confusion to fear."W-what do you mean?" he stammered, his voice trembling.

Oh, Li Jun, please don't be scared. I couldn't bear to see the pain in his eyes."I mean exactly what I just said. I am not marrying you!" I declared, my voice quivering. With that, I turned and walked away, unable to look back, knowing I had just shattered his heart. It hurt me deeply, but it was for the best.

Sometimes, life has a way of showing you that what you thought you wanted all along isn't what you truly needed. I explained the truth to the king, and he agreed that my decision was the best course of action. He would arrange a marriage between Li Jun and Lila, though everyone knew the truth except him.

I left the palace, determined to focus on my career. I had no plans to enter into any relationship again.-----------------------------------

-----------------*Author's Note: Hi everyone! I've extended the scene to make it more descriptive and convincing. I hope you find it engaging. Please let me know if you have any further requests or changes you'd like to make.*

If not I congratulate you on finishing the 11 prologues now let the story officially unfold