Chapter 5

During the whole dinner, conversation was made, mainly between George and his sister, their dad watching in silence, putting his in-put once-at-a-time, more often cleaning the bits of food that made their way on the table and smiling lovingly at his children.

He was paying attention to his son. Something just seemed off with him today. 'Was the hate too much?' he questioned. His son—one and only, the most caring, sweet human being—would come to him, if he had any problem, right?

Of course, he knows about his social media. He watches his videos, sometimes with his daughter. He is glad to see George happy with Dream. Happy how their fans are supportive, sad when he sees the hate.

He was never good at reading people—sometimes tends to blame himself for his wife's death, not being able to pick on the signs—but looking at his son's eyes, noticing something dark. They were once filled with life, now able to see sadness. Something must be on those boy's shoulders.

Dinner was slowly going to its finish. Their plates had been emptied and George was taking everyone's dish and putting it into a dishwasher and cleaning the table.

"Gogy! Can you read book? To me?"

"And the magic word?" he asks with a smile on his face. Her face showing mischievous grin "ABRAKA DABRA, YOU. READ. BOOK." She starts laughing "Now you need to read."

"Okay, okay" he giggles "please spare me."

She looks at him, confusion visible on her face "What does that mean?"

"Spare?" she nods "that means; me asking for mercy. Not to do anything to me, like now when you use magic" she nods, indicating she understands "I was asking for you not to use it anymore. Do you understand?"

She happily nods,

"Thanks, Gogy!" she hugs her brother once again "When I go sleep, you go up and read. Remember?"

"Of course, now go up and play."

She nods, she is somewhat non-verbal. Sometimes being extremely talkative, other times not talking what-so-ever.

Even if she is 11, she still acts younger and George adores it, with so much love.

"George?" a deeper voice calls out to him.

"Yeah, dad?"

"Can you come here for a sec, please?"

"No problem, so you need anything?" He asks while going to the living room, where his father seated himself during George's and his sister's conversation.

He breathes in. Silence between them, George worried he had done something.

"Have I been a bad dad?" George is taken back and stays silent. He expected a lot of things, but not this. A quiet sob breaks him out of his thoughts.

"I-I'm sorry, so sorry. So fucking sorry George, I didn't want to be a bad father, and I—"

"You are NOT bad. You are NOT neglecting me, not at all. I know you take care of Scarlet and I know it is hard."

"Bot no boy, no child, in their 17 should be helping to pay. Who am I kidding, without you, we wouldn't be able to live here? And I-I just feel like I haven't been paying enough attention.
You shouldn't be paying the bills. You should be going out with friends" George shrinks with that sentence "buying stuff for yourself. I should give you pocket money."

"Dad, I like doing YouTube and streaming. You are not bad Father, you are my dad, you don't force me to do anything, I like helping you, I am happy that I can help you and Scarlett."

"I'm sorry I broke like this in front of you"

"It's fine dad, everyone has emotion. You are able to show them."

"Will you tell me if anything is wrong? If you need help or want me to spend more time with you."

"I would" George says and smiles with, what he hopes looks like, a supportive smile.

Hand made its way onto George's shoulder "with everything, I mean everything. There seems to be something on your mind"

"Just a test" 'Liar'

"Okay, but I am here for you" he stands up and hugged George.

George closes the door to his room and slides down, back pressed against it. 'Pathetic little liar. Lying to your dad like that.' "Shut up, shut up" George whispered back.

_______________________________

Hey, problem, this is all I had pre-written and with school starting, I don't really have that much time, BUT I will try my best. I tried to spell-check this, I'm sorry if they are any mistakes, I try my best ><