15 . Overcome your fears

"Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Emery's POV"

Today as decided we visited the Finnish countryside. We undertook a lot of farm pursuits like horseback - riding, canoeing, gardening, and a lot more. The most imprinting was to bake bread using organic ingredients in the farm kitchen. What surprised me the most was that Damien has a flair for baking. This guy was an absolute amazeballs. All at once, today was just heavenly.

***

"You are pretty good at baking, when did you start?" I asked Damien, we were presently heading back to the hotel.

"Fifteen, during the summer breaks," he replied.

"Cool, can you teach me how to bake?" I asked.

"Maybe sometime," he said briefly glancing at me. Rest of the ride none of us initiated a conversation, I kept looking outside beholding the serene countryside as we approached the main city.

***

"When are you starting University?" Damien asked just as I lay on my side of bed.

"After around 2 and half months," I replied to which he nodded. I thought he would further extend the conversation.

" Goodnight," I wished him after a while and turned the other way.

***

'Damien's POV'

I watched her as she turned the other way and switched off the night lamp on her side. I sighed, closed the laptop, and laid down. Today the PR department released our pictures, all spotlighting us, as we visited different locations.

We ensured not to give away Emery's identity even in a single photo. All her pictures were slightly blurred out before they were released. All the tabloids were already swamped with our photos. Evidently, it had become a trending topic for all the media companies.

---

"Emery," I called her to which she hummed.

"I have to attend a conference tomorrow, I'll be back by midnight, would you be okay on your own?" I asked her.

" Yeah, I'll be fine," she replied.

"If you want you may visit the local markets around they are reasonably enticing," I suggested.

" Sounds great, I am on board " came her reply.

"Alright then, Steven will keep you company. I have assigned two bodyguards for you, they will follow you closely," I said. This time she turned around and faced me.

"Won't you need him like for taking down notes and all?" She asked .

" No, we have hired a translator she will take care of that too besides he needs a day off, he's been working interminably for a while now," I said, she nodded getting the picture.

"All the best for the conference," She said flashing me a cute small smile.

"Thanks, catch some sleep it's quite late, goodnight," I voiced.

" Goodnight " she responded.

***

It was half past 6 in the morning when I woke up, Emery was sound asleep next to me. I had to leave early, it's about an hour's drive from here to Lisami . After taking a quick shower I got dressed in a grey two-piece suit and exited the closet.