14 . That's... It's Fine

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Happy Reading
-----------------------------------------------------------

''Emery's POV''

he placed a kiss dangerously near my lips and pulled back...

And abruptly stood up from the bed, I gazed up at him with wide cartoon-like eyes. It almost seemed as if the world stopped for a moment.

He shook his head "Sorry... I shouldn't have done that," he said. I could see crumbs of rue flash in his eyes.

"Let's .....not talk about it. I am sorry, little one," He again said and took a few steps back. He stood by the glass wall, staring outside. He was noticeably comfited by what just happened.

"That's... it's fine," I said to avoid making things awkward any further.

To tell you the truth I did not mind it all. I was just bowled over by his sudden act, maybe because it's all new to me.

Every relationship was unique and so was ours. We got married for many reasons, be it for saving both the companies or be it to ensure the safety of both families. Howbeit, I got married to him willingly, and no one forced me.

I have known Damien since forever, but at the same time, I don't know much about him.

I know he is mature, respectful, considerate, and attentive to his family's needs. Though he appears to be arrogant, intimidating, and cold-hearted to the world but I know it's that way just on the surface.

These last few days spent with him were enough for me to know that he was very benevolent and understanding.

I don't know what the future holds for us. All I know is that I want 'Us' to work out, I want 'Us' to happen. In order for 'Us' to happen, we need to make efforts, we need to work on our interaction and communication.

The evening before the wedding ceremony, my grandpa divulged to me that "Marriage is like a whirlpool which takes one from a carefree world to a world filled with commitment; a world with respect, trust, care and love as its backbone."

It was not my grandpa speaking but his experience. At present we may not love each other but no one ruled out the possibility that we will not live in the future. Besides I knew Damien cared for me a lot, he never left my side without having authenticated my well-being. A person's actions spoke a lot louder than his words.

Slowly, I climbed down from the bed, I was feeling somewhat lethargic. I walked over to him not acknowledging my lethargic self.

He was still Staring outside, puzzled. I stood in front of him and wrapped my arms around his torso. My action must have snapped him back to reality because he looked down at me quizzically.

"Ok Emersyn, you can do it," I gave myself a brief pep talk.

"I was wondering if we can be... Umm friends...," I said, staring hopefully at him. He was still looking at me confused.

"So ... friends ?" I asked him again. This time he slightly nodded his head in agreement.

"Great then... Friends, are we," I stated grinning at him. He was still wearing an utterly confused expression.

"You know it is embarrassing if you hug your friend specifically your husband and he doesn't hug you back," I said faking a glum look as his arms were still hanging at his sides. He shook his head chuckling amusedly at me before circling his arms around me.

"So my little one wants to be friends with me, huh?" He said gaily with a raised eyebrow, once we pulled back.

"Seems like she does," I said copying his expression and tone. Soon enough we both were laughing.

"So where are we going today?" I asked once we were calm. I really wanted to explore Finland as much as possible.

He shook his head and said, "Nowhere ...you have not recovered yet, you need to rest."

" Please... please oldie," I said giving him my best puppy eyes in order to persuade him. This always worked on my brother.

" No, Not happening, your puppy eyes may work on Miles but not on me ... We will go visit the countryside tomorrow," he said.

"Fine," I huffed.

" Now go freshen up while I order the breakfast, you need to take a few medicines," he said to which I nodded.

Maybe I should just rest today. Forbye Damien looks tired too, he must not have slept last night.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night," I said before placing an unhurried kiss on his cheek, his eyes widened in surprise. I turned around and literally ran into the bathroom. I took a hasty shower and slipped in a cute slogan-printed tee paired with shorts.

***

After having breakfast we decided to watch "The Big Bang Theory." We were just halfway through the second episode when the room service bell went off.

I received the door to see the manager holding a bouquet of "Rainbow Lily Of The Valley."

"Good morning Mrs. Atkinson, this is from the entire reception staff, " He said handing out the bouquet.

"We wish you a speedy recovery."

"Thank you .... also please offer my sincere thanks to the entire reception staff on behalf of me," I said, smiling.

"Sure Ma'am," He said before leaving.

"Lily of the valley"

***

"These flowers are so beautiful," I exclaimed while arranging the flowers in a vase.

"Do you know what these 'Lily Of The Valley' flowers symbolize?" I asked Damien.

' No,'' murmured, his eyes fixed on the laptop screen.

"Well...they symbolize chastity, purity, sweetness and..."

"And...?" He said, directing his full attention to me.

"and motherhood. They also bring luck in Love." I resumed, smiling at him. His eyes were on me, reflecting rapture. I was feeling so mousy at the moment. Sitting over at the end of the couch, I resumed watching the series.

I could feel Damien's eyes on me but I just couldn't bring myself to look his way, considering my flushed self.

The rest of the day passed lazing around, I also talked to our families. The best part was watching Damien getting scolded by his mother. It's really fun to watch a grown-up man getting rebuked.

***

"Unknown' s POV "

"Signore ( sir ) they have not stepped out of the hotel today," informed one of my trusted men.

''Keep close tabs on them, nothing should miss out," I ordered.

"Si signore ( Yes sir )."

"They have managed to play safe so far but not anymore." I gritted out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello !! Lovely people ❤️
Hope you all are doing well!!

Until next time.

Take care ❤️😊.

Moon.

Vote, Comment, and Share