𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 XXVII

THE COTTAGE

THE COTTAGE.

A date with your thousand years old beloved.

Suggestive content ahead.
-

You had just finished making breakfast as you wiped your hands on the neatly tied apron onto your waist. You were a pretty good cook if you do say so yourself. You were taught to master as many talents as possible back in Sznezhnaya as you were trained to be one of the most perfect ladies, that is until you left your hometown.

"Oh, Zhongli should be coming over today." You remembered.

You quickly finished your breakfast as you hurried to your room to get dressed. The creaking of the wooden floors hollowed the house, you were used to being alone but it felt like complete solitude.

"Perhaps I should decorate a bit more." You thought.

Just as you were grabbing vases and flowers and little trinkets that you'd buy in market places, you then notice Childe's letter that was still there on the table.

"..Best to keep this hidden." You thought as you took the letter and continued to decorate your new home.

Just then, a gentle knock echoed through the house as you quickly got off your shoes and headed to the door.

"Good morning, (Y/n)" Zhongli smiled.

"Zhongli, you're early." You stated as you opened the door for him to enter.

"I came as soon as I could, I'm glad I wasn't too early. I don't exactly know your sleep schedule but I'm glad you are awake." Zhongli stated.

"Do you have plans for today?" You asked him.

"Not really, I thought perhaps you had something in mind." He replied,

"Hm.. in that case, maybe we could walk around Liyue if you'd like? I heard they're opening new food carts!" You exclaimed.

"That sounds wonderful, we should go." Zhongli stated.

You both headed to Liyue Harbour as the golden-red pattern architecture greeted you. You were right; the new carts showed up and there were plenty to try out with Zhongli.

Not even minuties into the "date" Zhongli's gaze was already fixated on you, he thought of you as adorable whenever you'd get excited over treats.

"Oh! Look at all the-" you cut off as you spot some freshly cooked looking rice buns on the other side of the street.

"Zhongli, wait here okay? I'm just gonna check that stall out." You stated smiling at him as you ran over to the stall.

He nodded watching you dash over to the stall and left a small chuckle.