𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 VII

DRAGONSPINE 4 DAYS BEFORE THE LANTERN RITE

DRAGONSPINE
4 DAYS BEFORE THE LANTERN RITE

"You and Zhongli have gotten pretty close over the past several months." Childe states. "I kinda feel left out, you both wouldn't survive a day without my wallet out there."

"We have, he promised me he'll take me to the lantern rite festival so we can write our names on a lantern!" You exclaimed.

"Oh, you're gonna try to do that dumb myth everyone was talking about? What you got a crush on the old man or something?" Childe smirks resulting in you softly shoving his arm.

"No, it was only to test if the myth was true and I doubt it." You responded.

Even if it was, It's not like you wouldn't mind it.
Surely the myth wouldn't be real right? If Zhongli doesn't believe it then why should you? He is a man with great knowledge after all. He knew every single bit of Liyue's history and the Geo archon.

"Ah, we're already here. Dragonspine." Says Childe. "Now be careful, since you have a Cryo vision, most of the opponents here would be immune to your element, mostly your elemental reaction would be useless but you could still use your blade."

You thought since Zhongli seemed to have a thing for rocks, might as well find some trinkets or stones or anything to give back as a souvenir from your little adventure with Childe.

You and Childe ventured deeper into the sub zero climate, shivering with each step you take on the soft snow. "Hey, Childe." You stated,

"Hm?"

"Has Zhongli ever had a partner before?" You ask avoiding eye contact.

"Well, not that I've heard of. He's pretty much a lonely broke man wandering around Liyue. A lot of women were charmed by his appearance but soon left once they experienced his long boring story telling." Childe laughed "Why do you ask?"

"No, I was just curious since he's mostly by himself all the time. I just wanted to be there for him." You reply.

Childe pauses.

"Come on now (Y/N), we both know you have at least a little bit of feelings for him. I know you and I know how you act around other people. You're definitely comfortable with me but not in the same way you're comfortable with Zhongli."

"Yes bu-"

"I'm not trying to be a bummer or anything, but that man is not fit for you. He's dangerous (Y/N). You weren't here when you saw the horrible things he did." Childe bitterly spat at you.