𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 XIX

WANGSHU INN

WANGSHU INN

        I awoke to the sound of the pitter patter of tiny steps approaching my bed. My eyes still hazily opening as I tried to made shape of the mysterious blurry figure in front of me.

"Hello."

"AH!" I screamed on reflex.
"Qiqi?!"

The little girl that stood in front of me was no other than the little child I befriended ever since the Dragonspine accident. Oh how glad I am to see her again!

"Goodmorning, (Y/n)." Qiqi stated still having tired eyes.

"Qiqi, good morning. What are you doing here this early?" I smiled at her as I got up at a sitting position and hugged her.

She didn't say anything, she just looked down on the floor and put her arms behind her.

Until I noticed it.

"Qiqi, You're wearing the dress we bought together!" I exclaimed admiring how adorable she was, over the few days I've grown attached to her as if she were a little sibling or a daughter.

She smiled, "you noticed."

Qiqi then shifted her gaze towards my bedside table, "It's him." She stated bluntly.

I turned to where her eyes were set and there it was; a picture of me and Zhongli from our garden yesterday.

"Ah, Zhongli. We went out yesterday and took this picture." I explained to her.

"That reminds me, I..I remember you for some reason when I can't remember anyone else." Qiqi continued to explain her condition to me; she cannot remember anyone else's name or face for some reason, she can remember them in a span of 3 days. But she can remember mine?

"You're like.. my bigger guardian." Qiqi stated.

"I'm glad you think of me as a good friend, Qiqi." I smiled back at her.

She smiled at me then handed me a box,

"This was from Mr. Baizhu, he asked me to deliver it to you." Qiqi stated.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled at her. As I took the box filled with vitamins and Cryo potion boosters.

"Qiqi must be going now, pharmacy is too busy." She stated with her gaze landing on the floor.