𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 XII

LANTERN RITE

LANTERN RITE

The streets of Liyue was now fully decorated with unblossomed Glaze lilies, golden ribbons and lanterns waiting for their time to be released in the sky.

The joyful chattering of couples and friends can be heard all across the city. Mainly talking about how excited they were to test the legend of the flying lanterns.

Not a single person can be seen by themselves, every person in Liyue were walking in pairs. Most of them were loving couples linked arm to arm hoping to bind their souls for eternity once they finally release their custom decorated lantern written with their names.

You were sitting on the side your bed admiring how colourful and bright Liyue looked from your window. Nobody besides you and Qiqi new about your little escape plan to go to the festival. You kept it a secret from Verr Godlet, Dr Baizhu and mainly Childe.

You knew Childe wouldn't let you go to the so called festival as he always prioritised your well being. "(Y/N), you know Dr Baizhu said you weren't fully recovered. You aren't allowed to go to the festival." Childe stated putting his foot down strictly.

"But Childe, I'm fully recovered! I can walk now and I don't need to rest anymore. Stop treating me like a dependent person, I am free to do things on my own with my own will." You stated.

"No means no, (Y/N). I'm sorry but I really can't risk you getting hurt especially since last time. I'd blame myself again." Childe stated backing down.

That was the conversation from last night that played through your head again and again.

Surely now that Childe thinks you'd stay in your forever means that he wouldn't suspect you right?

"Don't worry (Y/N) Qiqi will cover for you." Qiqi states as she hops from the side of your bed.

"Thank you so much Qiqi, I owe you a lot. I'll bring you back something sweet from the festival!" You smiled at her as you opened your closet and put on the dress you bought from yesterday pairing it with comfortable shoes.

You then make your way to the balcony making sure Verr Godlet or just anyone in general couldn't see you. You carefully hopped and leaped from balcony to walls and surfaces until you eventually set your foot down on the grass that surrounded the inn.

You happily fixed your small bag and dress as you rushed to Liyue Harbour's gates. "I wonder if Zhongli's coming." You thought to yourself. Had he forgotten?

"Who cares, I don't think he'll be there anyway." You shrug it off. His schedule is probably overflowing with duties anyway, you could definitely have fun without him. But you kinda also wished he came.