𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 X

LIYUE HARBOUR

LIYUE HARBOUR

1 day before the lantern festival.

Zhongli walked down the half-decorated streets of Liyue. All the children giggling and laughing as they ran around with their decorated lanterns.

Most of the citizens started making their custom lanterns as the Lantern festival was just around the corner.

"Ah, so It's tomorrow." He muttered wandering his golden Iris on the nearby food carts and beautifully decorated lanterns. Will she even remember me? He thought. Of course not, why would you? You have Childe.

From what he knows, you and the ginger go way back, both of you are from Snezhnaya and have practically known each other for your whole lives? Prioritising a man whom you've only met with less than a year is an irresponsible thing to do.

Besides, there are more pros than cons he thought of, Childe is wealthy of Mora. Even as a Geo Archon, he couldn't really admit to you his true identity as it might result in you being at the risk of danger.

Something about you though, ever since he saw you seemed familiar. He couldn't stop overthinking it.

What was it again? Your (e/c) eyes, (h/c) hair? Your gentle and mellow aura? The fact that Glaze lilies were one of your favourite flowers?

..wait

Zhongli shot up.

Perhaps reminiscing a few old things might do the trick he thought to himself.

Now, everyone would think that It's impossible that he'd forgotten what you looked like and what you were to him. He's an archon a god that has lived for thousands of years and will live for thousands more.
How else would he remember very small details about the archon war and correct Liyue's story tellers whenever they get something wrong?
He doesn't know either.

He doesn't know why THAT part of his memory got erased.

...Specifically, you.

Sure, he remembers all the things you and him did together.

How you both would sneak a small kiss whenever  you'd leave to your own land. How he'd stroke your soft hair every afternoon after tea laying on a field of cherry blossoms. How he'd lay his hands on his beloved's delicate skin with a soft touch as if it were fragile whenever he planted a kiss on the back side of your hand.

He cherished every moment you and him had together.

He just..

He can't remember what you looked like.

..