Chapter Fifteen: Summer 1978

Start from the beginning

Aries broke out in a smile.

"There's that beautiful smile we know and love, thought we lost it then."

"Thank you." Aries said, the feeling was still there but Euphemia made her feel a little bit better.

"You're welcome Sweetie, and if you are still feeling a little nervous I can always get you a calming draught, I've had them stashed for years whenever James gets nervous about Quidditch- I had to send him a bucket full when he went on his first date with Lily."

"Mum!" James groaned walking into the room, his face full of embarrassment.

"Oh, it's nothing to be ashamed of my dear, you are your Father's son, it took him years to ask me on a real date," she smiled fondly. "There was a point where I thought I would have to ask him, but there he was standing in that god awful white fedora he refuses to throw away holding a bunch of daisies, and then the rest is history. "

"You always manage to tell that story, don't you, Mother." James rolled his eyes, but his smile was genuine.

"My child when you have your own children you will be telling them the story over and over again until they have the same reaction you do, and then you will smile and tell them what I just told you."

"And I can't wait," he smiled, then looked at Aries. "Your portkey is almost ready, got a couple minutes left."

Aries nodded and picked up her bag and walked out into the garden, a ladle was placed on the ground, just as it was about to take off Euphemia placed a vial of a teal blue potion.

"Just in case." she said.

Aries nodded, thanking her, then she was spinning until she landed on the ground of a field. She stood up looking at the houses, searching for a red door.

"Star!" she heard Peter's voice call out, she turned and smiled brightly as he ran out towards her. He spun her in a hug.

"I'm so glad you're here, my Mums going round the bend making sure the house is tidy enough, she's had The Beatles on the radio all day, if I have to listen to The Yellow Submarine one more time I'm gonna go crazy."

"She didn't have to do all that."

"Oh once I told her you were coming it was game over- she's gutted out the shed, we don't even have a shed, my Dad almost slipped her some calming draught in her tea."

Aries let out a small laugh. "Euphemia gave me a supply of that as well."

"She's here! She's here Stephen! Oh my Christ!" a woman rushed out of the house, her hair was the same golden as Peter, her face lit up with a smile, she pulled Aries into a hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

Aries was taken aback from the hug.

"Come inside! Come inside!" Mrs Pettigrew said, ushering her into the house, Aries looked back at Peter who gave an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry." he mouthed.

"Jesus, Debs let the poor girl breathe." Mr Pettigrew said, walking towards the three, he held out his hand for Aries to shake it. "I'm Stephen and this is my wife- who you've already met, Deborah, please let Aries go."

Deborah released from the hug. "Oh I'm just excited, my little boy has brought a girl home, it's a very special day. Wait until I tell your Aunt Julie, she's gonna be well happy."

"Merlin's beard." Peter sighed, shaking his head. "Mum please."

Aries couldn't help but smile at his blushing face as his Mother squeezed his cheek lightly.