Chapter 26

"Rocky," Taliya whispers after she stops crying.

I slightly pull away and glance at her teary face. I wipe her tears slowly. "Yes, love?"

"Why were you about to cry earlier?" She asks innocently.

As if on cue, the doctor walks in. "Mr. Lynch, the results came back," he murmurs.

"Test on what?" Taliya whines.

I scramble over to the doctor. He circles something on his paper. Once I read it, I drop to the floor, crying.

"Rocky!" Taliya yells. I look up at her and run back to her. "Tell me what's going on," she whispers as I move some hair away from her face

I smile sadly through the tears. "I love you, and you're beautiful. No matter what happens, Taliya. Do you hear me?" She nods slowly.

"Mrs. Lynch, you have cancer. And it's spreading quickly through your intestines."

She shakes her head. "No! No, that can't be right! Wh-What about my babies!? What-- what about my Rocky!? This can't be real," she cries.

"I'm sorry to say it, but you only have two weeks," the doctor says somberly.

The next thing she does, surprises me.

She rips the IV from her arm, gets dressed and pulls me to the car. I drive home, she runs into the house. "KIDS!" She screams.

The kids and Rydel come downstairs. They smile and hug her. "Go- um.. Sit on the couch," I choke out.

Everyone goes into the living room. "Okay, so you guys know how mommy had to get surgery?" Everyone nods. "Well, mommy has a sickness called cancer."

Rydel gasps. "Hold on, she's not done," I whisper to my sister.

"And I'll only be around for two days. So, we're going somewhere tonight and tomorrow night, then mommys gone."

I stand up. "What?" I cry out. Taliya pulls me to the kitchen. "When you said if you ever got diagnosed with cancer, you'd kill yourself- I didn't think you meant it," I sob as she hugs me.

"Babe, it's easier this way," she says quietly.

I pull back. "EASIER!? YOU THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE EASIER FOR ME!? I need you," i whisper the last part.

She stares at me with wide eyes. "I won't be around forever," she whispers, "and I know you don't want to see me suffer. Please, let me do this."

I pull her hips to mine. "I can't let you do this," I place my forehead against hers.

She sighs deeply. "You want me to suffer then." I shake my head. "Then let me do this, okay? There's always someone better out there, I want you to find that someone."

I burst into tears again. "I don't want- want to find that someone. I want you. I don't want you to do this. You've scared me so many times with shit like this, don't do it," I beg.

She shakes her head. "I'll be here for two days."

.

.

.
a/n

Omg, I'm so sorry for doing this to you! But I couldn't think of a better way to end the book. Sorry, lovlies. <3