Chapter 19

I groan as I hear someone enter the room. "Go away," I mumble as I pull a pillow over my head.

"Mommy?" Hazel sweetly calls. I look at her as she climbs in the bed. "Daddy said you're sad." She plays with my hair.

I smile softly. "A little bit, but I'll be okay." I mumble as she lays down.

"I'll keep you company," she says as she snuggles into me.

I smile as she falls asleep in my arms. I pull the blanket over her before getting up slowly. I walk downstairs into the kitchen. Rocky hums as he stirs something. I glance into the living room. Luke, Caley, and Logan try to do a puzzle. Tiptoeing over to Rocky, I wrap my arms around his waist. A smile appears on his face as he continues dinner. "Dinners ready," he whispers.

He turns around, kissing me softly. "Lynch's!" I yell as I make everyone's plates. Rocky, I assume, is getting Hazel. I set the plates on the table.

"Babe!" Rocky calls as he races down the stairs. "Everyone come upstairs now," he growls.

We all follow him to my bedroom. "What happened?" I ask as I notice Hazel crying.

"Nick!" She cries into my side.

Luke sits next to me. "Nick, a fifth grader, kicked her because she looked at me." He says quietly. The twins climb on the bed, hugging their older sister tightly.

"Haze, what happened?" I ask softly.

She sits up, wiping her tears. "Nick, I sit next to him. He s-said if I look at him again, he'll hurt me."

Fire builds in Rocky's eyes. "I called her name, to tell her our stop was next and he kicked her for looking in his direction," Luke says furiously.

I cradle my four year old in my arms. "What's his last name, sweet heart?" I ask as I move hair away from her eyes.

"Puzyn."

Rocky and I exchange glances. "I-Is his dad's name Andrew?" I stutter, She nods. "Okay, you guys aren't going to school tomorrow. I'll contact your school," I sigh as I get up.

We all walk downstairs. "You're going to school," Rocky says annoyedly.

"No they aren't," I sit at the table.

He slams his fists on the table. "Fine, Hazel doesn't have to go! You can't tell my son, he isn't going to school." Rocky yells.

The kids get up and walk to the living room after they finish. "Okay, fine, Rocky! If he isn't my son, get out of my house!" I scream.

He huffs, grabbing his keys before leaving. I sit on the floor and bury my face in my hands. "What does he mean I'm not your son?" Luke asks.

I look up and shrug. "I don't know, baby. He's being a jerk," I say as he sits on my lap.

~~

"Bedtime!" I yell to my kids. They rush upstairs, but Luke stays in his seat. "Baby, it's time for bed," I say as I lift him up.

He rests his head on my shoulder. "I'm tired, momma," he whines.

I carry him upstairs to find everyone in their rooms. I put Luke in the bathroom to brush his teeth. "You guys can sleep in my room," I say before walking to my room with them all following.

Luke scrambles to my room, jumping in the middle of  the bed. I lay on the edge after saying goodnight to everyone.

~~~

Rocky's P.O.V

I walk into the dark, empty house. I make my way to my bedroom. I strip to my boxers before laying next to Taliya. She lays her head on my chest, sloppily wrapping her arm around me. I hesitate before wrapping my arms around her. "Are you awake?" I ask into the darkness

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry, I-" she cuts me off.

"Go to sleep," she mumbles.

I sigh before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

.

.

.
a/n
This is shit..