"Mommy is here my girl." Anna mumbled, with a smile. "Mommy is sorry she couldn't save you."

"Anna." Benjamin said and she quickly wiped her tears. "She knows you would save her if you could."

"She was my baby, the doctors thought she would die when she was a kid but she survived and now she's gone." Anna cried. "I regret leaving her alone. Elijah is right, no mother would leave her child alone. I should've died before her."

"Elijah is a kid, he was hurting you shouldn't listen to what he says." Benjamin said. "Come on, pull yourself together. You can't blame yourself for her death. She died of a cardiac arrest." 

"She was my baby Benjamin, I loved her." She mumbled.

"I am sorry Anna." He helped her get up. "I came to get Annette's things so just give me a few minutes to collect them. I will drop you home." 

"Can I have her things, I know Elijah loved her but I am her mother." She said.

"Of course, you can take them. She was your daughter, Elijah won't be sad if you take them." Benjamin told her.

"How does a mother let her daughter die?" Anna started crying and Benjamin hugged her. 

"I'm sorry Anna, please don't think about such things. Annette is happy where she is right now."

"I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her." 

"We will say goodbye to her at her funeral." Benjamin replied. 

"Thank you, despite us having differences you don't use this opportunity to take advantage of my family." 

"Annette was a Carson too. Elijah wanted to marry her and she did give birth to his children so how can you thank me for mourning for my daughter's death?"

"She would've been so happy if you called her your daughter. Annette looked up to you. She always wanted to impress you because she thought you hated her. I wish she was here to see how much everyone loves her."

"Yeah." Benjamin nod. "Let's take you home." 

-  -  -  - 

Funeral day

Everyone got ready for the funeral. Emily dressed the one-week-old babies while Oliver and Adrian kept an eye on Elijah. Benjamin hired a lot of securities but Jay also brought his on men. 

"I hope Elijah changes his mind and attends the funeral." Sofia said as she helped Benjamin with the tie. 

"Forget Elijah and tell me how are you feeling now?" Benjamin asked and Sofia rolled her eyes.

"Benjamin we lost a daughter, our son lost the love of his life and you worried about my headache." 

"I know that but your health is also very important to us. Please tell me if you experiencing any pain."

"Ben, it hurts inside." 

"Let's go to the hospital." 

"Are you serious?" Sofia snapped. "I know you love me a lot but please think about Annette. Today is all about Annette and we have to say goodbye to her that's why I am hurting."

"I am sorry." He hugged her. 

"Mom and Dad, Oliver said he is waiting for you in the car." Elijah shouted.

"Are you not coming with us." Benjamin asked and Elijah smiled.

"Dad we already talked about this." Elijah said. "I made up my mind. I won't go to the funeral." 

"Do whatever makes you happy." Sofia said. "I hope you don't regret the decision you make today." She walked past him and left the house.

"Thanks for letting the babies go to their mother's funeral." Benjamin thanked him.

"I hope I made the right decision." Elijah replied. "Dad, if the babies cry at the funeral, just ask Emily to Bring them back here." 

"I will." Benjamin left the house.

- -   -  -   - 

They all arrived at the funeral, except Elijah. There were so many securities because of the journalist and paparazzi. 

After everything was done, Anna sat in front of her daughter's grave and tears started rolling down her face. 

"I can't believe I saw your face for the last time today." She cried. "No one could've wished for a better daughter my girl. You made me proud, you always made me proud. I love you." She kissed her necklace and laid it on the grave. "We love you."

"Can I also speak to Annette alone?" Sofia asked Benjamin and he nod his head. "Wait for me in the car please."

"I will, take your time." He replied.

Anna got up and Sofia was there, standing in front of her, tears visible in both their eyes.

"There is nothing more heartbreaking than a mother burning her daughter." She hugged Anna. "Be strong sister, she is in a better place now."

"Thank you." Anna replied. "I hope I unite with her soon."

"The twins are in the car if you want to see them." 

"Did Elijah come here?" Anna asked.

"No, but I am sure he will come to her memorial services." Sofia said. "Bye."

"Bye." Anna left and Sofia started crying. 

"I wish you were here Annette, Elijah is broken." She wiped her tears. "My dear, I am sorry I couldn't save your relationship with Elijah but I promise I will look after the kids. I will make sure I don't stay alive to see another child of mine buried." She gave a weak smile. "I love you, my girl."

She went to the car where Benjamin was waiting for her. 

"Are you taking me to the hospital?" Sofia asked Benjamin as he started driving and he nod his head. "Thank you."

"You know, you don't need to thank me." Benjamin said. "I am your husband, not a stranger."

"I usually say I don't care, but I do care." Tears started forming in her eyes. "I love you." He laid her head on his shoulder and kissed her head.

"Don't start crying please." He said.

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share please*