Chapter 7 - Return of a Master

In life, there are times when one's best simply is not enough. When faced with this, one needs to learn from a different source. Too bad the Rangers had yet to learn that lesson. In the city, Richard, Daric, And Faith were hunting down a totem-powered Oni while in their uniforms.
   "I know he's around here somewhere," Richard said as he ran and slowed to a halt.
   "You sure he's around here," Daric asked as he slowly walked while looking above him.
   "No offense Richard, but I think your wolf instincts are failing you," Faith said as she did the same as Daric.
   "No, she's here," Richard said. "I can smell it. Yeesh, and I thought us guys stank."
   "Okay, yeah," Daric agreed. "And I can smell it through my helmet."
   Richard's ears began to prick up as he heard a soft rumbling sound like someone was dropping stones on a rocky beach.
   "Fall back," Richard called out as he jumped back forcing Daric and Faith back.
   The three hit the ground face first as the ground began the rumble and a large figure passed by them. Richard saw there was a round female figure with a hippopotamus head and loos fitting armor. All three winced at the sight of the woman, as she began laughing.
   "Looks like you three are in for a world of hurt," the woman said.
   "Says you," Richard said as he took a ready stance.
   Faith and Daric did the same and quickly shook their wincing expressions off and treated her like any of their past foes.
   "Well aren't we cocky," the woman said. "You Rangers now face Hippowda!!"

   Hippowda began to charge against the Rangers with Daric's strength matching hers. Unfortunately, Daric was not quite strong enough to keep Hippowda at bay as his feet began to scrape through the ground.
   "Well you're pretty strong," Hippowda said. "But a Hippo is stronger!!"
   Daric was sent flying as Hippowda ran over him like a car tire crushing a bug. From above, Rachel and Alex came down with their weapons.
   "You two took your sweet time," Richard said.
   "Sorry," Rachel said.
   "Kind of hard to see someone like this from above," Alex added.
   "Nice try Rangers," Hippowda boasted as her body proved to not have any effect. "None of your weapons or fancy tricks are gonna work on me."
   "What the hell," Daric said as she saw Hippowda was telling the truth.
   "Oh yeah," Faith said as she fired a shot at Hippowda's chest.
   "What did I just tell you," Hippowda taunted as Faith's shot bounced off her body. "Your weapons don't work!"
   Instinctively, Hippowda began to grow to giant size. The Rangers looked on as they called their Totem Spirits and combined for the Jungle King Megazord.
   "Long time since we used this," Richard said.
   "We still got it," Alex said. "Let's go!"
   The Rangers summoned their Jungle Saber. Every attack the Rangers attempted, they just bounced off.
   "Do you guys ever learn," Hippowda said as she punched the Megazord.
   Five punched later, the Rangers fell from the Megazord and landed hard on the ground before reverting back to their human selves.

   On a nearby patio area, Kaa witnessed the fight and was pleased with the results.
   "Was it all you hoped," Rizzo asked as he climbed onto the railing in front of Kaa.
   "Oh yessss," Kaa hissed happily. "As long as this keeps up, the Rangers will be dealt with by the time Mistress Alecia returns."
   "Of course..." Rizzo said as he looked at the Rangers.

o

   At the dojo, Chell was sketching blueprints for another protentional gadget. Unfortunately, Chell was drawing blanks on what to make the gadget from and the process. The door leading into the dojo opened and she heard the Rangers come in and sit on stools and a couch.
   "Guys," Chell asked as she noticed each one looked worse per wear. "Oh god! What happened out there?"
   "We got our tails steamrolled by a massive woman," Richard answered.
   "The Hippo Totem," Alex added. "Those bastards are the most dangerous animals on the planet, and none of our weapons did anything. We're pretty much screwed."
   "Why so pessimistic," Chell smiled. "Take this as a learning experience. This might be a tough fight, but it isn't impossible. Every predator is hunted by something. It's just that some have fewer than others."
   "Well, Lions can hunt Hippos, can't they," Daric asked. "And is so, how come Alex's sword didn't work."
   "Listen and learn tough guy," Chell said. "Yes, lions hunt Hippos, but there's more than them. Like how there's a right tool for a task."
   "So...something might work against her," Faith asked.
   "Well...There's a member of the Brotherhood of the Paw who rumor has it, has an ax that can cleave through anything," Chell answered.
   "I already high hopes now," Alex said. "We find that master humbly requests to borrow the weapon, the Hippo's minced meat, done deal."
   "But not sealed," Chell argued. "See, her title is Master Nila. And...She's not exactly a well-liked master. Like her totem animal, the crocodile, he's very headstrong and is someone we call on as a last resort. I was one of her students...I should know...The last I heard she lived somewhere along the coast where no one would bother her. No one knows exactly why she did this."