Chapter 4 - Graceful Learning

Faith was holding a dart, as Alex and Rachel were spectating her. The three of them were playing a friendly game of darts. Alex and Rachel had already done their throws with Rachel scoring pretty badly, and Alex doing fairly better, but not exactly an expert winning position. Faith smiled and flung the dart, hitting a perfect bullseye.
"What can I say," Faith smirked. "I'm the best."
"Just because you were able to throw a bullseye doesn't make you the best," Alex called out sternly.
"Yeah," Rachel agreed.
"Now, now guys," Chell said. "Hey Faith, can I talk with you, in private."
At those words, Alex excused himself, telling Rachel to do the same. Once Chell and Faith were alone, Chell quickly changed her normal expression.
"Alex is right you know," Chell began.
"What," Faith asked.
"You being too arrogant," Chell explained. "There isn't a problem with confidence. But if you keep this attitude up, it'll bite your tail clean off."
Faith looked at Chell, slightly disappointed. She had every right to be confident, being Saffi's top student since she was little. Chell's words were something she did not want to hear and walked out of the dojo.

o

"Poor little Jellicent," Scynac said. "She underestimated the rangers."
"The fool should have let me go and take them," Thrasher boasted. "The rangers would have been ripped to shreds by now!"
"Don't mock a fallen comrade Thrasher," Mantina said. "You would fail as well if you went up against the rangers by yourself."
"Well what would you do Mantina," Thrasher called out. "You haven't even batted an eye after her death!"
"ENOUGH," Kaa hissed as he entered the room. "Thrasher, if you are so confident in your skills to defeat the rangers, you will have a chance to prove yourself."
"Thank you, sir," Thrasher bowed. "I'll take a platoon of Oni and stir up some chaos to draw the rangers' attention. I expect them to handle the Oni with ease, but while tired. I'll rip them like paper!"
"If you are so confident in this plan, then you may initiate it," Kas said.
Thrasher excused himself while Mantina watched. The feeling she had since Jellicent left came back, this time, stronger. Still, Mantina could not explain the feeling but now, she could not ignore it.

o

In the youth center, the dojo was hidden from, Faith was displaying feats of gymnastics on a gymnast pole. Daric watched Faith to be sure she would be fine, while Rachel, Richard, and Alex were having water while resting from weight lifting.
"So what's your score boys," Rachel asked.
"Not a contest," Alex said.
"Yeah right," Richard smiled. "You just can't handle me winning."
"I don't make everything a composition Richard," Alex remarked.
Faith backflipped on the pole and took an elegant pose with Daric smiling. Daric and Faith shared a special bond since childhood. Saffi served as their surrogate mother figure in their lives, not really knowing their original families. Jumping off and sticking the landing, Faith struck a pose with an overconfident grin. Daric handed Faith some water and seemed happy.
"What's up Daric," Faith smiled. "You got a grin on your face?"
"I just...liked your performance," Daric replied.
Faith smiled at Daric's answer and was a bit flattered.

As the rangers were enjoying their time off of fighting evil, everyone in the center felt a small earthquake happening coming towards them, but it faded after a few minutes.
"That...wasn't a regular earthquake," Alex said.
"You think Alecia has something to do with this," Richard asked.
"One way to find out," Alex said as he rose up. "Come on guys!"
Alex and the others raced in the direction of the earthquake was heading, morphing once out of sight from civilians.