"What?" She jolted awake and looked around horrified. "Bloody hell." She mumbled and looked at Mark. "Thanks."

"We're busy people, I'm gonna try and be brief. I am implementing a new teaching
protocol here at Seattle Grace. Some of these rules are new, and some are old and are
going to be newly enforced. First, second and third-year residents will no longer be allowed to de facto specialise. The practise interferes with the development of a fully-rounded surgical education. No more. Personal relationships, personal loyalties and personal favourites will no longer be a factor in our training programme. Attendings, you will spread your wealth of knowledge equally among all of the residents. In addition, we'll refocus our attention on patient communication and bedside manner. For some of us, this means learning the lost art of humanity and compassion. For others, this means learning how to treat patients without becoming emotionally involved with them. This is a surgical programme. Psychiatry is on the fifth floor."

"Maybe I should pay a visit." Natalie said under her breath. Her sleeping problems have only been turning worse and she wasn't sure what kind of test she should ran first.

"Let's not confuse the two." Natalie turned her attention back to the chief. "In addition, residents, your interns reflect on you. If they fail, you fail. If they succeed, you succeed. Attendings, that goes for residents as well. Teach with enthusiasm. Learn with enthusiasm. We are surgeons. We cut out malignancies. Let's start at home, people." He finished off. And Natalie wondered what kind of teacher she could be when she could barely keep herself together.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Natalie was at the lobby, charting. She had been avoiding the O.R. at all cause. Until someone realised that she did that. She didn't want her sleep problems to cause anything serious to one of her patients. 

But that day was not her lucky day, because Lexie Grey walked up to her needing her assistance "Dr. Turner, I'm working with Shepherd today on a pain patient, and I read this article while I was helping George study..."

"Pathetic." Natalie commented, not taking her eyes away from the papers in front of her. 

"Yes. I know, I'm pathetic." Lexie agreed. "I did read this article." She continued. "I do have a photographic memory. Chief's on his new thing with the interns to be heard..."

"Grey, use fewer words, please. I have a headache." Natalie sighed and took a sip from her coffee.

"I think he needs a cardiothoracic surgeon, meaning you." And Lexie had taken a particular liking in the female doctor, finding it refreshing to work with her. Plus she loved the advice Natalie gave.

And Natalie couldn't back out, so she agreed to check the patient out with Lexie, hoping that she wouldn't mess anything up. And she hadn't messed up since her intern year.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

After a sort visit at the patient's room, Natalie figured out what she needed to do to fix the problem, but the hospital was going through a whole new tragedy with leaking water following around, so until it was fixed Natalie was hiding out at the attending's lounge, trying to get a nap at the couch. 

But it was hard for her that day to find some peace and quiet. 

Mark Sloan walked inside, knowing that he would find her there. It wasn't unusual for Mark to notice everything Natalie was doing. He couldn't help it. And now he had noticed that she hadn't been doing well. "Any chance you wanna tell me what's going with you?" He asked closing the door behind him.