Chapter 22

Zayn - Pov.

My eyes slowly blinked open, trying to get used to the light that surrounded me. My hands shaded the bright morning sun out of my eyes. 

I stared down at my body to see a blanket covering half of my body. My brows furrowed as I turned to the side, looking for someone in particular. But she wasn't there.

I slowly pulled myself up into a sitting position, my hands pat the spot Selena slept on last night. Where did she go? I thought, quickly getting off the bean bag. 

I ran my hand through my hair, fixing it a bit before walking towards the stairs. I walked into the house and being greeted by a welcoming smell of toast. I head into the kitchen to see Selena facing the stove, cooking something. 

A smile slips onto my lips as I make my way behind her. Just as I was about to reach her, she blindly turned around, bumping into me. My hand quickly held onto the plate that she was holding, making sure it doesn't fell. 

She widened her eyes as she looked up at me. A smile slowly played on her lips before looking back down at the plate full of food. "Good morning," She said, backing away from me, throwing me a beaming smile. 

"Good morning, I see -you're cooking breakfast," I said, pointing at the plates as she sets them on the table. She wiped her hands on the white apron before looking back at me. 

"Uhm, I did," She said, laughing a little as I raised my brows.

"I thought you didn't know how to cook," I said, cocking an eyebrow at her. 

She pressed her lips together, looking anywhere but my eyes. "Well, I secretly learned it from you guys in the last few weeks," She shrugged. I nodded, putting on a fake frown.

I walked towards the table, and using the fork beside it and took out a piece of the delicious-looking scrambled eggs. Selena stood there staring at me. I can tell she was insecure about her cooking skills as she seems scared whether I was gonna like it or not. 

I slowly put the small buttery piece of the scrambled eggs into my mouth while my eyes were kept on hers. I started to bit down the rich flavored eggs, tasting the warmness against my tongue. 

I slip on a smile as I set the fork down. "It's not bad," I said, leaning against the table, staring at her. I notice the expression on her face lit up as she cracked up a smile. 

"Thank you, sir," She chuckled, looking away. My nerves somehow made my cheeks burn, taking that chance for me the blush.