Chapter 10

I know you said
That you don't like it complicated
That you are tired of all the changes
But love is always, always changing

- Zayn

ZAYN - POV.

I thought I was gonna be able to run away from everything and become a normal 25-year-old, where I could do everything by myself, and no one was gonna be able to tell me what to do, but here I am dragged into another dangerous mission with the princess of the United States.

People who I've worked with for the last 15 years all know that I don't like anyone to come and manipulate me. Not even my commander, someone who was supposed to do so, but actually end up trying. Though that still bothered me.

Selena didn't look at me once ever since that argument. I've never regretted anything I did but today was different. I actually regretted yelling at her.

I never received any mission like this before, to protect some important people. I mean, I've done way more interesting missions than living with my client while I wait for the job to be over. That's probably why. I should consider myself in a different situation because right now someone was finally able to control me.

I threw the princess a few glances but she didn't return any of it. I never had to stress about what I was supposed to say but now I did. I was really worried that whatever that comes out of my mouth was gonna affect her.

My eyes were red, soaring from the seawater as I glared out of the dark glass window, keeping myself from noticing the look on Selena's face.

She must have really missed her family and all I'm doing is being a pain in the ass towards her. Both Liam and Harry took their chances to throw me a few glances during the rides, showing their disappointment towards me.

We were already driving up a few hills, and the princess still hadn't made any full conversation with any of us. Harry would randomly ask her a question and she would shortly answer them before looking out the window again.

There were many modern houses on both sides of the clean neighborhood street. I haven't been in the United States for a while but it was surprising that it hadn't changed much.

There were many people who were gonna be around us and that's the plan. There will be less chance anyone could know. You never expect a princess to be hiding among all the normal people. It's genius.