Chapter 8

Might as well run in circles, you and me
Anyone in between is the enemy.

- Liam Payne

LIAM - POV.

Both my legs were strained from hiking 200 meters up a hill, striving through thick bushes and tall trees. The princess couldn't stand stepping into mud water or through streams nor touch a slimy rock. All three of us took turns carrying her on our backs as we climbed up the steep, slippery mountainside. 

I locked my jaw as her messy brunette hair was sprinkling down my shoulders as it was my turn to carry her. Her legs wrapped tightly around my waist while her arms were around my neck. The princess's damped body was making my back wet, and it took everything in me not to drop her somewhere along the way. 

"When are we gonna get there?" the princess suddenly asked for the tenth time, probably.

"Almost," I answered and she let out a low groan, dropping her head onto my shoulder. Can she be more impatient?! I thought, clenching my jaw as I took a long step up onto a rock with her whole weight on my back.

The boys were behind us just in case I slipped and that the boys would be able to catch the princess. In a few meters, we were able to see a clearing from behind a few slandered trees. "We're here," I informed, bending my knees so the princess could get off my back easily. We came out onto a hill road, just below the house. "We just need to walk another 200 meters, then you could get change," I told Selena before turning around to see the two boys coming up behind us.

"Ah, we're here," Harry smiled, opening his arms and stretching them in the air.

"Secure the area," Zayn demanded, holding out his arms in front of Selena, who was about to walk out into the road.

"My side's clear," I said, after using my eagle eyes to glance through the bushes and trees.

Zayn turned over to Harry after clearing out his way. "Clear as well," Harry spoke, nodding at him.

We stood there a few more seconds before walking out into the dirt road. Zayn walked out first with The princess behind him. No cars were passing by or anyone around. Of course, we didn't expect many people to be around here, the place is basically nowhere.  Families would come here for holiday, and today isn't a holiday.

We continued to walk for about 20 minutes before we reached our location again. We were all hidden behind a bush, looking out at the back of our black SUV. There was no sign of anyone there, I'm pretty sure I and Harry killed all eight of them.

"Are we clear?" Zayn asked, his eyes fixed around the area.

"I think so," I answered, and we all nodded. There was no point waiting here anyway. I stepped out from behind the bush and made my way towards the car. There was no sign of anyone around, but that wasn't enough to be proven that no one was gonna jump out on us.