006

006

She expected that the celebration would be held inside a club where there's full of armed men and women almost naked but she was wrong. The celebration was held inside an empty-fancy restaurant where there's a piece of slow music playing from behind.

"The fuck is this?!" Sanzu screamed in betrayal, sitting on the chair with a pained expression. "Mikey!"

"Oh?" The boss asked. "This is the celebration."

"No," He cried. "A celebration with a woman is what I want!"

"Ao-chan is here." Manjiro pointed at the expressionless woman.

"Eugh!" Sanzu cried again, looking away with a pout. This is just not it. They're supposedly inside a club, having fun with women right now not inside this lousy restaurant.

"This is an expensive restaurant," Koko said in a matter-of-fact tone. "Be thankful, Sanzu."

"Tch."

"Sit here Ao-chan." Mikey pointed at the chair far from the other members. "We have something to talk about."

She glared at him intensely before following his order. As much as she hates him, she had to obey and stay low. She needs to get his trust.

Their orders arrived. Different kinds of sushi and soup were served along with a bottle of red wine, the background music made it look like they're some kind of sweet couple.

"When did you start with your work?" He asked.

She gritted her teeth, stopping herself to make any rude remarks. "Seven years ago."

"What exactly happened and you joined SOTP?" He questioned referring to the organization Sniper Of The People or SOTP.

It was established by Mitsuki Haru — Asahi's father. Sniper Of The People is a secret sniper organization where people from the black market can hire a sniper to end someone's life.

"I joined just because," She shrugged.

"Ao-chan," Manjiro called.

"Asahi recruited me. I thought it was a nice job, that's it." She answered making sure it's the dead end. Manjiro pulled his chair closer to her, causing her eyebrow to furrow. "The fuck are you doing?"

"Nothing, really.." Manjiro chuckled. "Just want to inhale your scent."

"You're crazy." She spat in a disgusted tone.

"I'm going crazy, Ao-chan." He whispered to her ears — sending an unfamiliar sensation to her stomach. "Did you know? You look hot with a sniper on your hand."

She remained quiet.

"I'd die to be with you." Manjiro added, she could feel his lips on her ear. "You're making me crazy, woman."

"I literally tried to kill you." Aoiana stated, pushing him away. "Stop with the bullshit."

"No, shit-sherlock." Manjiro said. "You tried to kill me because someone hired you not because you want to."

"Ah," She licked her lower lips. "I can't comprehend your way of thinking."

"Because it's true." Manjiro concluded. "You won't kill me for no reason — I never really know you until I found out your plan."

"Someone snitched on me," She spoke strongly. 

"It's Mitsuki Asahi." Manjiro rested his back against the chair freely, glancing at Aoiana sideways. "You see, he wants you dead."

"A-as if I'd believe you."

"I literally spared your life." The guy said, fingers playing with the tip of her long hair. "It's always up to you Ao-chan but I'm not a liar, not with a lady like you."