~28

Avalon's POV:

"Do you girls have everything?" Dad asks, we leave in one hour to meet the other.

"Yes dad", I nod.

We called mom last night and she finally answered, she said she had a busy week and did flights back to back, I was happy she was okay.

Dad's birthday is this Friday coming so Avery and I have to do something special for him when we get back home.

"Be safe okay and Avery make sure Donovan knows his boundaries", he hugs us.

"When's your flight?"

"11 am, I'll call you girls tomorrow", he promises.

He's going to America for the week, he decided to take a break from work, he'll be staying at aunt Mia's house and hopefully gets to meet mom before he returns.

"If you meet mom, call us", Avery says.

"I will, I think she has a day off this coming week so I'll go see her and spend some time with her."

"Good, I don't want you to divorce."

"Avery", dad sighs.

"It's been a month so far, I know you miss her dearly."

"Of course I do, she's my wife."

"Are you and  your siblings planning to do something special for your birthday?" I ask.

"Yes, have a little party with some of our old friends and older siblings", he nods, "I wish you girls could have been there."

"We'll video call", I promise, "go enjoy  your birthday, last year you were here with us."

"Next break in July you're going to America", he states.

"We know, mom already told us", Avery smiles.

"We'll get to spend our birthday with our family, I can't wait", I grin.

"Well I have some things to do, enjoy your lakehouse and if any emergency just call me, I'll take the first flight back."

"We know dad", we hug him once more.

We'll be leaving the house at the same time since dad wants to get to the airport early, he'll be leaving his vehicle with one of his friends for the week.

1 hour later

"Pack and ready to go?" Jesse states as I get in the front seat after I throw my small suitcase in the backseat.

"Yes", I nod.

Donovan picked up Avery a few minutes ago and dad is still inside, he's waiting for his friend to arrive.

"We got an hour and a half drive so hang in there", he reminds me and I sigh.

"Don't remind me."

He chuckles.

We get to the city ten minutes later and park in a parking lot where we agree to meet up, everyone is there when we get there.

"We have a few changes, Bryce is only staying until Wednesday, he has an evening flight to go meet his parents in Hawaii", Donovan informs us.

"That must be exciting", Nabila smiles, "you'll love Hawaii."

"Of course I am, I've never been there before", he nods.

"Maybe we can plan a trip to Hawaii for the third term break?" Felix suggests, "since Luciano and I will be attending university in January."

"That's a great idea", Avery nods, "we can go for five days."