12

Shuichi pov

I got into my car and put the seatbelt into the buckle, slicking my hair back and adjusting my mirror. I took a deep breath.
...
UGHH.
I groaned and leaned back into my chair.
I'm gonna pick him up from the train station right now.
Last week he decided that he was going to come here and I've been so excited for his arrival. Well now excited isn't the right word. Nervous? Antsy? Hungry? ..Suicidal?
...
Nah I'm just kidding... I already ate a big breakfast.

How do I greet him? Should I be cool and slick or polite and ambitious. Is he into that? Maybe?Hmm what if-

"Ughhh can we just go already? You've been staring at the drivers wheel for 2 minutes now"

right. Rantaro was coming with me.

I annoyingly look at him.
"Why are you coming again?"
"Because I'm bored." He mumbled while texting one of his gizzilion friends.
I have no idea why he can't do something else.
He has the friends and the time but doesn't use it wisely.
But I do need the emotional support so I decided not to kick him out of the car.

I roll my eyes and step on the gas pedel.

...
"..."
".."

"Can I turn on the radio?"
"No"
"Please?"

"WHY NOT. ITS SO QUIET." Rantaro whined while squirming around in his seat like a little child

"No...I cant focus on the road when I have the music on."
"I forgot my headphones at home. Pleaseee.

"No- just listen to your thoughts. Unless you are thinking about porn....Then don't listen to your thoughts." I grumbled, irritated.

"Ew you really think that I would think of  somthing like th-"
"Yes..."

...

"Ugh fine." He pouted, crossing his arms.

Relief

..
"Hey why do you use the train when you have this sweet ride again?"
UGH. He never stops talking
"There's no PARKING rantaro."
"Why not. Isn't there like a super fancy hidden spy garage door that's all  cool and dark like Batman's lair."

what.
"I'm a detective not a spy."
"Yea yea same thing."
"They aren't the same?"
"Yea they are? Y'all dress like your going to a Halloween party and are all sneaky and cold hearted."
"I'm not cold hearted-"
"Ehhhh- you kinda are."
"I am not now shut up and go text your boyfriend or something." I mumbled aggressively.

"He's out planting flowers with Gonta." He murmured looking out the window.
"Why?"
"People have hobbies shuichi." He rolled his eyes.

I don't partake in hobbies, mostly cause I don't have a lot of time to do them. And I usually spend my days off catching up with paper work or watching soap operas and documentaries.
So I've never found an interest or motivation for any type of hobby.

I did have a painting faze but that lasted 3 days because I realized I was actual shit at art.

And don't get me started on when I took a week out of my time to learn a song on the guitar to impress kaede when I still liked her. That was just embarrassing.

Time skip

"Ok we are here Rantaro."
...
"Rantaro?"
"Rantaro wake up." I sneered nudging him.
"Ah! What?
Oh. Yea yea you go on without me I'll stay in here." He relented while lying right back into his seat and closing his eyes.
"Plus it'll be more romantic with just the two of you." He teased.
I burned and smudged his face with my hand.
"Ow"
"Shut up."
"Well that wasn't very nice"

I got out of the car and slammed the door in his face. Don't worry I left the car and the air condition on so he wouldn't burn to death. Because I'm a nice person.
.

.
.
.
Ok this must be his train.
I patiently stand with my hands behind my back and my form straight so I look professional. A weird habit of mine.
Damn Tokyo must be a busy city.
literally everyone is on the phone with big ass luggage's and highlighter hair.
I look around trying to find him through the sea of most likely social media influencers.

No not him
Nuh uh
Nope

OOO THERE.
I barely see the top of purple hair in the distance among the crowd and shimmy my way through to get to him. While rehearsing my greeting lines in my head of course.
Should I use "hey" or "hello". Hello seems appropriate. Or maybe "greetings?" No to professional. Hmmm maybe-
Uh oh.
I LOST HIM.
UGH
I hate this
HOW COULD I LOOSE HIM JESUS CHRIST IM STUPID.
All for trying to find a way to say hi
Stupid. Stupid. Stupi-
"Ahem-"
I felt a light tap on my back. I spun around to see. HIM. KOKICHI. WOAH THIS IS HAPPENING.
"I'm looking for a shuichi saihara." He smirked. His left side of his mouth turned upward a bit with his eyes squinted creating a sly gaze.
I liked when he smirked for some reason. His smirk was nice. Like that one fox from zootopia. Not gonna lie that fox was hot. UGH WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT HES RIGHT THERE SAY HI.

"OH UM- YUP THATS ME. heh. GREETINGS. I MEAN HI! NO!... I MEAN HELLO."
...
way to go shuichi.
He couldn't help but laugh . "DAMMIT SAIHARA NO NEED TO BE SO FORMAL. To be honest I'm surprised u didn't wear a full ass suit. I dig the blazer tho."

"OH! Um- thanks....I like your shoes.."
he was wearing pretty good clothes. Pretty outstanding material. I mean of course he is, because of his celebrity status the man is rich.
He's wearing black freshly polished dress shoes with either no socks or just ankle socks, and checkered blazer with a black v neck under neath. As well as some rolled up black cargo jeans and a pair of plaid black and white glasses.
His outfit was way more better than mine. So much so that I feel under dressed.

...
"OH-UM LET ME TAKE THESE." I snapped out of my thoughts and grab both suitcases out of his hands.
oh my god they are heavy. What did he put in here? Rocks?

"Oh- um you don't have to."
"No no I got it." I grunted, trying not to show any type of weakness.
"Ok then-"

....

"Um- do u mind getting me a suit case cart?"

guys wtf actually happened to me. I was so sick for the last couple of months 😭 I'm slowly getting better. This chapter came out so late jesus this chapter is so rushed to ughhhhh