3

Angst😩📸

Shuichi POV

My back was pressed up against the cold elevator wall. My mind was racing.

W-what do I even say. Should I bring up what happened?

S-should I. Apologize?

I was honestly so drained from today. So many things that are built into my mind. I couldn't even stay alert. My head was filled with emotions.

Happiness
Pride
Relief
...
Guilt

My hands were shaking and I could feel sweat forming on my forehead.
Why was I so nervous? I met so many of the people I lost today and all I felt was joy. But for him. I feel utter despair. It's not like I don't want to talk to him. Talking to him is the thing I wanted to do. But facing him after everything that has happened made me want to vomit.

*Ding*
The elevator doors swiftly opened.

I clutched my hands and took a deep breath and stepped out into the corridor.

364..
365..
And finally
Room 366

I gulped and reached for the handle. Slowly turning the knob. And with one swift motion went inside and shut it behind me closing my eyes and holding my breath.

I was so hesitant. I didn't want to see him but I really did. I wanted to see his face. For the first time in real life

I sighed and opened my eyes.

Nobody was there

My heart sank.
But then I felt deep stupidity. I mentally punched myself at my head
STUPID. STUPID. STUPID. WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK THE EMPLOYEES IF KOKICHI WAS IN FOR THAT DAY AND NOT SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THIS HUGE REHAB.

I groaned slamming my head against the wall.
Stupid
Stupid
Stupid
Stu-

"Nishishi~"

That laugh.
that..
Laugh

I tuned around quickly and a pair of purple eyes met mine. With a huge grin. And crazy purple hair
There he was in a white t shirt and white pajama pants.
Kokichi.

The one who had the smarts. Who had the perfect plan...

He had massive bags under his eyes that were puffy as well which indicated that he's barely slept at all as well as cried. I had told myself over and over that those were crocodile tears and not to fall for it. But after finding out what he really uses his lies for made me think differently this time,
and wanted to see what was behind that mask of his.

"Nishsihi~ Shuichi you you better not crack your head open." He smiled his usual cheeky smile.

"OH- AH- KOKICHI. You scared me. Heh- " I said awkwardly. He legit almost gave me a heart attack.
"Ohhh did I?... I know, I'm a very scary person." He giggled placing his finger over his sly grin, edging closer to me making myself step back in reflex.

I opened my mouth to speak but he spoke first.

"SOOO. Why did the Handsome busy detective come by my room. *gasp* are you gonna propose to me?! Omg I accept! But not if the ring is a diamond. Ew. Just so you know my favorite gems are amethysts." He said while holding out his ring finger.