Cheers, Mathletes, and Touchdowns Part Twelve

A/N: Its past 12 A.M. please just bear with my mistakes and inconsistencies. I’ll edit later when I’m not so tired. I’m sorry you had to wait so long for this, but I’m still recovering from my Writer’s Block, and I don’t have much Internet access anymore. I’ll try my best to be consistent and write longer chapters.

Warning Josh Lovers: Please note: Not much of Josh in this chapter.

Part Twelve

Alexi

The way April kept chattering and chattering was becoming very annoying. After coming up to interrupt my very meaningful conversation with Sam, she had just kept on saying pointless things, probably to distract me from something. I’m trying to turn a new leaf here, and my girlfriend is driving me nuts.

After bearing the meaningless, pointless talk about a subject I didn’t even catch for a few minutes, I stood up and asked he if she wanted something to eat. It was a big mistake though, because, then she started going on and on about calories and fat and stuff.  A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

It wasn’t too long after that that I noticed Sam coming in my direction with a guy I didn’t recognise. I found myself wondering what the relationship between them was. I didn’t think Sam had a boyfriend because she wasn’t especially close to any particular guy except for her egotistical male friends like that Wong Chu Ben guy.

The couple (if you could call them that) took the couch next to us and started talking. I don’t know how long it took and I wasn’t even aware of whether April had finished talking, but all too soon, they both stood up and went to the snack bar.

“Alexi?” April’s voice brought me back down to earth.

“Yeah?” I turned to her instantly, “What?”

She pouted, “Were you even listening to me?”

I quickly adjusted, “Of course I was. What kind of a person do you think I am?” I grew defensive.

“I’m sorry,” she pleaded hastily, “So, what do you think?” she asked me.

I was completely lost because I had no idea what she was talking to me about, but since the last topic was on fat and calories, I gave a non-committal answer. “I don’t know, I’m not really an expert on such issues.”

She stared wide-eyed at me, “You were not listening to me. How does being an expert influence whether or not we should go to Meredith’s party together?”

“Oh, sorry, about that.” I cleared my throat. “I don’t think I’ll be able to make it that night.”

“But it is Friday night.” April whined.

“I know, and I have basketball practice.” I said though I wasn’t too sure about that.

“After practice, then,” April suggested.

“I, er, I have to practice with Drew. We have some catching up to do.” I said, again.

“Oh, bother,” April waved her hand in dismissal. “You can have your male bonding time whenever. You have each other every day now. It’s not like he’s going to up and leave now, or is he?”

“No.” I replied, seeing the reality that I couldn’t escape.

April looked at me, “Or is it that you don’t want to go with me?”

“Oh, no, it’s not that at all. It’s just that I would actually be studying, and I didn’t want to have to tell you that.”

April cooed, “Oh, that’s great. So, you are becoming an honours student, no? I’m so proud of you.” She pulled me into a bear hug.