"Who'd have known your impede ass could bag a man — let alone one of his stature."

"Don't touch him!" Zhen Jie begged, dropping to her knees. She clasped her hands together and looked up at them through her watery eyes, their figure nothing more than a blur. "I'll tell you but don't hurt him!"

The door was thrown open before she could say anything more. Qiu Fu ran to the masked person and shoved them away with so much force they slid across the room. He wanted to hit them, but decided it was best to get Zhen Jie out of there instead.

He grabbed her hand before running out with her in tow and back to her apartment. He grabbed her keys that had fallen to the ground when she was snatched and once inside, he locked the door.

Zhen Jie looked at him with terror in her eyes, not very comfortable being alone with a stranger. After everything that'd happened to her, she no longer wanted to be with anyone but Yi Zhao. He'd never hurt her.

"I'm Qiu Fu..."

Zhen Jie moved away from him, terrified of what was to come next. She recognized his name, and even though he was Yi Zhao's friend, Yi Zhao had told her Qiu Fu wasn't the nicest person.

She knew if Yi Zhao trusted him, so could she — but betrayal was far too common around her lately. She wanted Hou Wei to be there. Yi Zhao said Hou Wei never betray him. He never said the same for Qiu Fu.

"You can trust me, I swear." He assured her. "I wish I could take you with me — but Yi Zhao said cops are watching your house and since the investigation is still going anyway, you leaving wouldn't be the best idea." He sighed. "They're not out there right now since you're supposed to be on your way to school, but they'll be here later on."

"I'm going to trail you to school after you clean up that blood.

"But—"

"They'll come here if you don't go... and you can't even be as close to me as you were with Yi Zhao." He cut her off, slipping his fingers through his hair in a panicked manner. "After school, I'll be out there making sure no one tries to come in and hurt you." Qiu Fu pulled the curtains open and pointed out towards the wooded area. "Next time, let the officer take you to school. You only have a few days of school left anyway."

"I heard those girls were arrested... but I know them." A scoff flew past his lips as he spoke on Wan Cui and her friends. "They have connections and even when they're away, their friends are not. You won't even be safe when the investigations are over — but you and Yi Zhao will be out of here when it's over as long as you trust me." His eyes were pleading, as was his voice. He really wanted and needed Zhen Jie's trust, but she was just as stubborn as Yi Zhao when she stood rooted in place with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I wouldn't hurt you. Yi Zhao loves you so I do too." Qiu Fu promised. "I know he's probably told you that I'm not a nice person, and I'm not, but I also wouldn't hurt someone for no reason." He proceeded to try to gain her trust. Her arms loosened and threatened to drop, but there was still a lingering doubt in her stance. "Just trust me, little one. Yi Zhao's trusting me with you, but I can't help you if you don't let me."

Qiu Fu could see she was hesitant with him. He needed her to trust him, and he knew that Yi Zhao had told her something to give her a reason not to.

He didn't blame Yi Zhao, though. If Yi Zhao warned her of him, it was because of his attitude and rude way of saying things, but not because he'd harm her or let anyone else. 

"Look," Qiu Fu said while pulling out a blue beaded bracelet. Two letters were lined in the middle, separated by a single sapphire charm. "He told me to give you your bracelet. He's still wearing his."