Rogues

SOSO SORRY ABOUT THE LONG WAIT. I LOVE YOU<3

The door slammed open and not even a second later, I was in someone's arms. From the pleasurable sparks sizzling between our skin, I concluded it was Blade. His body was shaking in anger, and I knew I was the only thing keeping him from destroying everything in a thirty mile radius.

I opened my eyes to see him looking down at me with a black gaze. I wanted to see the silver eyes, his eyes.

I reached up tentatively and my fingertips brushed his jaw softly. He growled, and his gaze intensified. I gulped, but continued. My hand caressed along his jaw and cheek, the stubble tickling my palm. Slowly, his eyes faded into that inhuman metallic color.

He slowly and tenderly placed me down on the edge of the bed and kneeled between my legs, never breaking eye contact. We were at the same eye level in this position, and I felt at equals with him. I liked the feeling, and decided I was going to fight to keep it.

But at that moment, I didn't need to fight, because Blade had stepped down from his dominant position, set aside his shield, and stood vulnerable before me.

I held his face in my hands, and he closed his eyes, sighing. I knew whatever had happened was stressful enough, and didn't want to push him until the matter had cooled a bit. I pulled him into a hug, and he held me tight as I comfortingly stroked his hair.

We stayed in that position for awhile until he stiffened. I looked at him questioningly. His eyes were glazed over and his eyebrows were knitted. I sighed and ran my hands over his jaw. At once the tension in his face evaporated, and his gaze snapped to mine. We just stared at each other for a bit before he stood. I looked up at him confused, but he simply lifted me up and wrapped me around him, like a little kid to their parent. I internally rolled my eyes, but obliged.

With my legs wrapped around his waist, I rested my head between his shoulder and neck while he walked us downstairs and outside. There were groups of men waiting for us. I instantly became guarded and tried to separate from Blade, having people present. Blade, though, did not like that. He growled and forced my head back in his neck, and pressed my body closer to him. I bit my lip, nervous about people seeing us like this, and grabbed his shirt in my fists. He noticed my uneasiness and ran his hand along my back soothingly. I sighed and relaxed a bit before he addressed his men.

"Four groups. Find them," his rough voice boomed. I shivered at the sound. He noticed my reaction to his voice, and he stiffened.

The men dispersed, leaders of each group shouting orders as they ran to different edges of the border. I cleared my throat and tried to get down from Blade's hold, but he held me tight.

"Put me down," I said softly.

"No," he growled out.

I sighed, exasperated.

He growled and held me tight. I began to relax again when he said, "what do you want Ace?"

"Sir, tracks have been found in the Southeast border."

"Already?!" I said in disbelief.

Both men ignored me and Blade nodded. "We'll be there soon."

"Yes, alpha."

A breeze of wind was felt, and then there was no sign of Ace anywhere.

Blade reluctantly put me down. "I'm going to shift and we are going to run there like we did last time. Except this time you aren't going to run away, and you aren't going to sit up, got it?"

I glared at him. "No, you can't just talk down to me! I can do what I want; I am an independent person! And I didn't run away last time! I was following that kitten!" He growled at me and was about to say something, but I jumped on his back. "Yee-ha!"