Sassiness on fleek

Eventually I sighed. His grip on me was still unbelievably tight, and didn't show any signs of loosening.

"Bumblebee?"

"Hm?"

"I think we should go to bed."

He sighed, then nodded into the side of my neck.

He carefully lied us down, pulling me to him. His arm wrapped around me securely and I curled into a ball practically on top of him.

His fingers tangled themselves gently in my hair, letting the locks glide through his hands. I sighed in content, not fighting the small smile off. I snuggled to him, ignoring all of our problems for the moment. I drifted into the best night of sleep in my life.

---

"Babydoll?"

"Hm?"

"You talk in your sleep."

My eyes opened wide. "What did I say?!" My worried expression met his smug one, until he began chuckling.

"Something about how you don't like snickerdoodle cookies. You also politely told the person to please make the 'damn' sugar cookies. Tsk tsk, babydoll. It's bad to cuss, you know," he said in a teasing tone. He went to tap my nose, but I snapped my teeth at him. What can I say? I'm not a morning person.

He chuckled. "Feisty."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going back to sleep." I rolled away from him, stretching onto the cool mattress.

A heavy arm snakes around my waist and pulled me back like I weighed nothing. A gentle kiss was placed tenderly on my neck, and lingered too long.

"Sweet dreams," he said with a quiet, lulling, husky voice.

I took a deep breath and focused on going back to sleep. Darkness began to creep in.

"ALPHA!"

In one blur of a movement, a thunderous growl was released from Blade, the door slammed open, Bumblebee stood over me in a protective manner. And, oh yeah, he shifted.

"A-alpha... I'm sorry... I..." the man began, but I couldn't see him due to the huge wolf over me.

At this point, with the adrenalin gone, I was tired again. I reached up, my eyelids halfway down, and pet Bumblebee's chest soothingly. He stared down at me intensely. I gave him a lazy smile and rolled onto my stomach, going to sleep.

Not for long though.

"What the actual fuck do you want, Alex?!" I looked up to see a--now human-- Blade glaring at the man in the doorway. He tugged on some boxers and glanced at me. I gave him a blank stare, and he sighed. "Babe, just stay here. You can go back to sleep. I'll be back in a little bit." He walked to the bed, leaned down, and whispered, "I love you," before kissing my head and quietly leaving the room.

I blinked at the wall.

He can't love me! He doesn't even know me! I was kidnapped, trapped, and now I'm being thrown in this mate bond full force. If he thinks I'm just going to take this sexism any longer, he's wrong. He obviously trusts me enough to open up to me. I trust him enough to not kill me. I'm taking this opportunity to give him a piece of my mind. And warning: I'm sassy!

I walked (sassily) to the bathroom, and began getting dressed. I wore denim short shorts, a white t-shirt, and red converse. How he got all of these clothes is beyond me, but I'm thankful.

I finished my morning routine with brushing my teeth and hair, and washing my face. I glanced at my reflection. Other than the bits of acne here and there and little freckles, I was okay-looking. My eyebrows were a little sparse, and my eyelashes weren't to die for, but that's just me.

I put a thin coat of mascara on, and slicked on some cake-batter-flavored Chapstick.

Walking to the door to the hallway, I took a deep breath.

It's okay, Annabel. You don't have to change yourself so that people think you're mean and scary. Be yourself. Just don't let them run you over. You are equal.

I nodded to myself and twisted the knob, ending up in the hallway. No one was around. I closed the door quietly and walked to the kitchen.

An older woman bowed her head to me. The same woman who got me the four sandwiches.

"Oh, Luna! I apologize. I don't have food prepared yet! You usually wake up much later! I'll get to it right away!" She turned, her eyes never meeting mine. She was shaking in fear.

I walked to her and placed a soft hand on her shoulder. "Ma'am, it's fine. Honestly. I'm not even hungry right now. It takes a few hours for my tummy to wake up," I said on a light laugh. "I just was sure there was someone here. Can you please make sure someone tells Blade that I'm going outside?" She nodded quickly. "Thank you, have a nice day."

I walked out the connected doors to the dining room, and I found myself in the garden. I took a deep breath. I love nature.

I strolled amongst the flowers, just looking and taking them in. All was peaceful until a blur of tumbling animals shattered the silence. I jumped nearly three feet in the air as I whipped around to face the playing kittens. A warm smile spread on my face.

Johnny Blaze was gently tugging on Cupcake's ear. She was growling and swatting at him, but Johnny carefully dodged her attacks. She growled in annoyance.

A light chuckle left me.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?!"

I sighed. "I'M HERE!"

A raging alpha came storming to me, his eyes black. Jay and Alex trailed helplessly behind.

"WHAT. THE. FUCK. ANNABEL." His raging temper was at full speed ahead, straight for me. I stood my ground.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't know what I'm talking about?!" He was right in front of me now. "Look around, Annabel. You're fucking outside."

"And so what?! I'm a human!"

"Exactly! Which is why you need to be in that room, safe!"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "I can go wherever I please. I'm Luna."

He laughed humorously and lifted my chin. He spoke dangerously quiet, "oh yeah, Babydoll? Well I'm alpha. Checkmate." He dropped my chin harshly and went to grab my wrist, but I pulled away. My blood was boiling now.

"You can't do this! You can't lock me and those other poor girls away! People are people! They're not just objects that you can store on a shelf and write in sharpie 'mine' on it! We are people that require love, space, time, and freedom!"

At the end of my rant, we were both breathing rapidly.

"I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck."

I kicked him in the balls. :)