He found himself back in his room, looking at her things without even realizing it. Merlin came in, without knocking, to tell him Leon and Percival would live. Arthur knew he should be glad of this but couldn't bring himself to feel any joy.

"There is something else," Merlin said.

"Yes you were trying to tell me something earlier," Arthur said, in an empty voice.

"More than just that," Merlin replied. "Leon and Percival were not attacked by normal snakes."

"Magic," Arthur sighed.

"Not just magic but Morgana's magic," Merlin continued.

"With it legal now how can we know it's hers?" Arthur countered. "It could be anyone's."

"It's Morgana," Merlin replied with great confidence.

"You can't know that," Arthur groaned. Why did Merlin insist on always acting like he was more knowledgeable, more powerful than he actually was. It was a wonder this attitude hadn't gotten him killed yet.

"I know because I can sense it," Merlin replied. "I can sense the evil coursing through their veins. That type of evil I have only ever felt once before and that was from Morgana's hate."

Arthur turned around to really look at his friend. "Is this like how you could tell that Disir's cave was a sacred space?"

"Kinda," Merlin replied, gingerly.

"I don't have the energy for your funny feelings right now," Arthur replied. He felt so empty. All he could do was think about his wife. Was she scared? Would they find her? Arthur knew what it was to lose her and the fear of it happening again consumed him.

"I'll see you at dawn then," Merlin said, before backing away.

"I lost Guinevere once before," Arthur said to his best friend's retreating back.

"You aren't going to lose her," Merlin replied, turning around to face him. Arthur couldn't believe him. All he could feel was despair.

"You're not," Merlin assured him again, walking closer. "We will find her. I swear." And then Merlin held out his hand to Arthur and Arthur took it. Somehow, though it made no sense, Merlin's words made Arthur feel just a little bit better.

"We'll bring her home," Merlin said, smiling.

"Why is it that when you say that I can almost believe you?" Arthur asked.

"I just have one of those faces," Merlin laughed. "Try and get some rest, sire. I'll see you at first light." And with that Merlin left the room.

Arthur tried in vain to get some sleep. He might have dozed off for an hour or so but he couldn't be sure. It was a relief when the first light came on the horizon. If nothing else this meant he could do something to find her. Doing nothing all night had been almost unbearable.

They followed Morgana's tracks all day, until inevitably the sun set. His knights said it was too dark to follow the tracks but Arthur didn't care. They would keep heading east or retrace the tracks. There had to be something they could do! He couldn't bear the idea of spending another night doing nothing.

It was Merlin who convinced Arthur it was pointless to continue in the dark. Though he knew that to be correct Arthur didn't want to hear it. Still he let the knights set up camp for the night without further protest.

When Leon and Percival woke in the middle of the night with the same dream about the dark tower, Arthur knew somehow it had to do with their quest. He asked Merlin about it and he said it was because of the poison.