33

One week had passed since the reveal

One week had passed since the reveal. We headed off a little bit later today and are now on our way to spain. Just the two of us. For one month again. It's ten in the evening. We're almost there.

Emilia and Pablo are coming over tomorrow for us to tell them about the pregnancy. Mason insisted on a new ritual we make every year when we come here and I gladly agreed to it.
We are going on a date on one evening every time we are here.

It's strange to think that next year, we are going to be parents. But also so exciting. Going to the beach with our little baby. I can't wait to finallg meet it.

Mason is watching some TV while the only thing I do  is looking out if fhe window. He is resting his hand on my tummy, drawing circles over it with his thumbs.

_________

We arrived yesterday. I am in the kitchen, preparing the sauces and the salads while Mason is preparing the things on the grill for Emilia and Pablo.

To our advantage, the weather today isn't good. It's cold and rainy so the two won't be suspicious when I'm wearing a hoodie. We don't want to tell them right away.

We want to make it more special. The two of them should be here in about half an hour. Mason can't wait to finally see them again.

He always had such a good relationship with them and it hurts him to only see them once a year.

"Ah fuck!" I hear Mason shout from outside so I run out as fast as possible without already being out of breath after two steps.

"What are you doing?" I ask him when I arrive next to him and see his whole hand being covered in blood. "I wanted to cut out a little bit of the cartilage for abuela to eat it better. The fucking knive slipped and I cut my palm."

I don't know why. He's bleeding pretty much. But all of the sudden I start laughing. Mason looks at me with a confused expression. "Why are you laughing? This isn't funny, angel."

"I'm sorry. You just sound like such a baby. I'm sorry. Come on, let's clean that up." I pull him into the house, trying to contain my laughs.

We walk into the bathroom, Mason picks me up and places me onto the counter to stand inbetween my legs and places his hand on my tigh. It still amazes me how easily he picks me up.

It is a deep cut. No wonder why he's bleeding so much. So I grab his face and kiss him. "I'm sorry I laughed. This really looks painful."

He just smirks against my lips and tells me it's fine. I disinfected the whole thing, then put some healing salve on and then bandaged it up. As soon as we were finished, Mason placed his hand on my belly and attacked me with a hungry kiss.

He was just about to pull up my hoodie when we heard the doorbell ring. Mason placed his head in the crook of my neck, letting out a long sigh before he helped me down the counter and we got to the front door.

Emilia comes in the house and jumps directly into Mason's arms. "Oh dios mios, my boy!" She says as she buries her head in his shoulder. "Hola abuela." Pablo takes a look at the two before he comes over to me and pulls me in a hug.

"Hola, Delilah. It's so great to see you." I love these two people like they are my own grandparents. "The pleasure's mine, Plablo. You're looking good."

Throwing a short glance over to the other two, I see how Emilia looks at Mason's bandaged hand and then lightly hits his head.

Moments later, Emilia came over to me to say hello and we walked into the kitchen for her to help me finish all the sauces, Mason and Pablo doing the same with the grill outside.

"How is my little Ash? Any news about her condition?" Emilia asks while cutting the carrots into tiny slices.
"I don't want you to worry even more but her condition didn't get better in the last weeks. But I promise you that she will be fine. You know her."

I let her finish the cutting and then hug her closely to me when I feel her begin to cry. "She's still so young, baby."

"She will wake up, Milia. I'm sure she will." Milia just holds me closer and cuddles her small frame into me. "How are you so strong? How do you handle this so good?" She asks.

"Believe me, I definitely do not handle this good. But Mason and I just give each other really much strength. Even more than before."

And that's the truth. I don't know what I would do or what he would do if we wouldn't have each other. Emilia slowly moves her head back and looks at me, even with a little smile on her face.

"You really bring the best out of my little boy. I always knew that you two have a special connection. There's only a baby missing." Oh if only you would know...

__________

The day passed really fast

The day passed really fast. Abuelo and I are playing some chess while the women are talking next to us.
Delilah decided to get some wine and comes back with three wine glasses and one glass of water.

She gives everyone of us a glass and then sits next to me with her water, placing one hand on my tigh.

"Oh, you're not drinking, Delilah?" Abuela asks her. Delilah looks over to me and kind of looks for an answer. So I nod. We're going to tell them now.

Del squeezes my tigh a little, clears her throat and puts the glass back on the table. "I can't actually. Only in a few months again."

I look over to her again and see how she adjusts the hoodie for her bump to be visible. And then both of their gasps and abuelas' cries followed.

She looked over to abuelo, clamping her hands in front of her mouth. "You're pregnant?" He asks us. "Yeah. We are." Del answers him. "Who would have ever thought that we would hear this in our life, Pablo?"

They were having the same opinion about me becoming a father like I had. But once again. I'm here. And I already can't think about me not being a father.

_________

Damn I really love his grandparents.

Comment your thoughts!!! Love you!!!