X. Dandelions

"Your joking?" Cassie asked, walking along side Jasper, hand in hand.

"I'm not. Besides, Bella will be there."

Cassie rolled her eyes, chuckling. "I love Bella, but she's only going because of Edward."

Jasper looked down at his girlfriend, a fake look of shock on his face. "So, you won't come, just because I'll be there?" He asked, placing a hand on his heart.

Cassie gave him a "Seriously" look, stopping when the side walk ended, turning to the vampire. "I don't know. What if they don't like me?" She asked.

"Alice and Edward like you. So does Carlisle."

Cassie nodded, that easing her fears a bit.

"Ok, I'll go."

Jasper smiled, kissing her forehead. "They'll love you, I promise." He said.

*****

The Cullen's house was much bigger than Cassie could have imagined. It was surrounded by trees, just on the outskirts of Forks. Most of the walls were just windows, and the house was modern yet classy at the same time. "Wow." Cassie said in amazement. "It's so...open."

Jasper's eyes looked down at her in amusement. "What did you expect?"

"I don't know. Like, dark, closed off."

Jasper chuckled, helping Cassie out of her jacket, and leading her to the kitchen. Besides Edward and Alice, his whole family was surrounding the island. Rosalie just stared at Cassie, while the others gave her a warm welcome. Carlisle smiled at her, saying a 'Hello', a woman, who she guessed was Esme, made her way over towards the teen. "Cassie, you made it!" She said, excitedly. "It's so nice to meet the person Jasper's been talking about."

Any anxiety that Cassie had vanished, as she smiled at Esme. "It's so nice to meet you too." Her eyes moving to the television that was playing a cooking show. "You watch cooking shows?" She asked, curiously.

Esme's smile widen as the teen's interest. "Yes! We can't eat human food, but you and Bella gave us an excuse to finally use the kitchen, and I plan on taking full advantage of that." She grabbed Cassie's hand, pulling her away from Jasper, to show her what she was cooking. Once they reached it, Cassie helped the best she could, which overjoyed Esme.

"Me and my Mom use to watch Bobby flay." Cassie said as they worked.

"Ooh, maybe I could make one of his next!"

Jasper smiled, watching the scene unfold. He watched Cassie with a soft gaze, as she interacting with his family. She easily kept her and Esme's conversation going, Carlisle joining in occasionally.

Not long after, Bella and Edward joined, Cassie happy to see her friend come.

"Bella!" Esme greeted. "We're making Italiano for Cassie and you."

"This is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." Edward introduced.

"Buongiorno." Bella greeted in Italian, though Cassie guessed it was one of the only things she could say.

"Molto Bene!" Esme replied, pleased.

Carlisle turned from his spot at the sink behind Cassie, smiling at his family's happiness. "You gave us an excuse to use the kitchen." He said.

"I hope your hungry."

"Yeah, absolutely." Bella said, looking at Edward.

"She already ate." Edward replied, bluntly. Rosaline's jaw clenched tightly, her eyes glaring at Bella. The bowl in her hands shattering from the pressure she was applying, the salad that was in it falling to the floor. "Perfect!" She snapped.