026

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 to set as they drifted along the marsh waters, the familiar dock coming into view as the boat began to slow.

"There she is." John B smiled, his eyes fixating on the broken down place he called home.

"Bet it's good to see her old bones." JJ raised his brows, reaching up to tie off the boat as they pulled up beside the dock.

Aria felt the corners of her mouth lifted, her arms draping over the couple as she pulled them closer to her, "welcome home, guys."

"You know, I gotta be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home." Kie sighed.

"My parents probably already arranged my funeral." Aria laughed, stretching out her long legs as a soft groan left her lips.

Pope glanced off into the distance of the beginning stages of the sunset, "I predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston."

"No one knows we're here, right?" JJ asked, his brows raising in question, his eyes flicking to the dark haired girls, "and you two aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. Am I right, or am I right?"

Aria shot him a wearily glance, "you're no wrong."

"So that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want." JJ suggested, a smile breaking on his face, "a little Pogue fellowship. How does that sound?"

"Let shit hit the fan tomorrow." Aria added, shrugging in agreement with her boyfriend as she glanced around at the surrounding friends.

There was clear hesitation on the blonde girls face, she sat on top of the wooden ledge, holding herself up as she shook her head in slight protest, "the cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid."

"Sarah Cameron, you've heard of my philosophy, right?" JJ cocked a brow.

"No." She replied.

He sighed, marching over to her with a large grin on his face, "stupid things have good outcomes all the time."

The friends mouthed his words, rolling their eyes at his consistency of saying the statement.

"Who's with me? Let's get some beer!" JJ yelled, clapping his hands together as he cheered loudly.

After these past few hours, days, months really, Aria needed a cold beer, something to ease her overwhelming thoughts. She raised her hand, hopping off the railing as she urged for the two girls to follow her, "come on!"

Laughter left their mouths as they boarded back into the small boat, getting comfortable in their positions from a few minutes ago.

With Sarah and John B being back in Kildare Island, something was doomed to happen. The Pogues didn't exactly have the best of luck, especially when it came to the forbidden couple.

The consequences they'd face for being back home was a faint reminder in their heads, they seemed to bathe in the deja vu of being surrounded by their loving friends.

Aria would let her eyes linger on the blonde boy, a glint in her eyes as she watched his lips turn up into a smile, she forced herself to look away after she'd been eyeing him.

Being back with the friend group that saved her from her toxic family, her abusive boyfriend, and so much more made her heart swell. She never truly showed them how much she appreciated them.

Sarah flicked her eyes to her best friend, who was clearly zoned out as her eyes fixated on her manicured fingernails. She beamed at her, half of her body resting on the boy she loved.

Everything wasn't going back to normal, no one
thought it could go back to their everyday lifestyle. It was meant to be this way, things happen for a reason. Right?

:)
right?