006

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣'𝙨 𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨.

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗣𝗧 for maybe ten minutes at most. A groan leaving her lips as she sat upright, rubbing her eyes as she chewed on the mint candy.

Night had crept up on them as they had still been parked out of the smaller home, talking out of boredom until the plan had finally unfolded.

Kiara held the phone up to her lips as she dialed the number, "should I do an accent?"

Pope nodded, "definitely disguise your voice."

"How would you like me to talk?" She mimicked an english accent, the friends cringing as they all shook their heads.

"No. That's terrible." Aria chucked, her head lazily laying on JJ's jacketed shoulder as she yawned.

"Batman." Kie cleared her throat as she made her voice deeper.

JJ rolled his bottom lip into his mouth as he raised his brows, "spot-on. Let's do it."

The ringing blared through the silent car as they awaited for the man inside to pick up, it soon came to an end as the call had been accepted.

"Hello?" Gavins familiar voice questioned, the line going silent as he waited for the other person to speak.

"Hello." Kie scrunched her face up as she shook her head, muting herself as she glanced up at the Pogues, "I can't."

"Just talk." Aria shrugged, tucking the dark strands behind her ears.

She unmuted it, clearing her throat before beginning again, "is Gavin there?"

"This is Gavin." He confirmed, the confusion laced in his tone as he spoke, "who's this."

"I know what happened on the tarmac."

He laughed, "um...who's this?"

"It was Rafe Cameron." Kiara raged, "but you already knew that, and you lied about it. We're gonna prove it."

The line went silent as Kie finished her threats, his voice rang through the phone with fear, "you're gonna tell me who this is now."

"You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this." Kiara finished, interrupting his yelling as she quickly hung up the call, "how was that?"

Aria nodded impressively, reaching her hand out as she high-fived the brunette, "yeah, I was scared."

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete." Pope smiled, adjusting his headphones as he waited for Gavin to step out of his home, "now we wait and listen."

The friends made small talk while they patiently waited for Gavin to blow his own cover. Aria had glanced out of the window, immediately catching the Pogues attention as she quietly yelled out, "here he comes! Stay down."

They all ducked out of sight, eyes peeking to look up, watching the man angrily pull open his car door.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go." Pope repeated as Kie fumbled with her seat belt, her foot pressing on the gas as they speeded to catch up with the driving car.

Aria buckled her own belt as she began to slide around into the back, them going at a normal pace to make themselves look less suspicious.

"He's talking to Ward." Pope informed the friends as he listened closely. Gavin hit his own gas as he sped forwards. Pope loosing their conversation as the distance broke them up, "get closer. I can't hear."

His dark lips parted as he heard the new information, his eyes widening as he spoke, "Gavins  got the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin."

"Holy shit." Aria said in disbelief, all they needed was the gun, send it to Shoupe and prove that Rafe killed her.

"Wait. He's pulling over." Kie furrowed her brows as she watched the darker car pull into park, "do I pull behind him? What do I do?"

Pope leaned forward in hopes to keep their conversation in his ear, "go around the block."

Kiara drove around quickly, Pope panicking as the voices began to break up, "we're gonna loose him."

"Go, go, go!" JJ yelled, his hand snaking around the seat chairs as he looked out of the back windows, waving his head around as he searched for the car.

"I can't hear anything. Shit." The tee boy cursed in annoyance as he pressed the AirPod into his eardrum, "I'm loosing the signal. I can't hear him."

Kie had swerved and gotten them slightly stuck as she cursed to herself.

"What the hell is this." Aria scrunched her face up, thumb pressing into the seatbelt buckle as she freed herself from the right strap, "bro."

"Stop. Just stop and turn around now." JJ directed the Pogue, "pull in here and back up."

With her knuckles turning white from her grip on the steering wheel and her foot pressing into the gas as she placed the car into reverse, she sighed as she attempted to weave them through, "I'm just gonna back up."

Their luck was at a zero. The loud truck beeping had them all yelling and complaining as a construction sight had taken over the area behind them.

"Are you kidding?" Aria rolled down her window as she stuck her head out, "we are trying to back up!"

Pope had sat up straight as he glanced between his friends, "we gotta know where they're meeting. We're going after him right?"

Aria nodded, "yeah."

Without thinking they yanked their doors open, abandoning Kiara's parents car as they fled the scene.

"You can't leave that car there." The worker raised his hands as they teens stared at him, "move it."

"Kinda busy, buddy. We'll get it later." Aria threw him a twenty dollar bill as they followed Pope's running lead.

She groaned as they ran through Sean's backyard, the boy surrounded by girls as they waved to Pope.

"Sean? Ah, this is where you live, you Kook." JJ teased as he jogged past them, hands lacing with Aria's as they caught up with their friend.

By the time they had caught up with him, his lips were parted, a horrified look on his face as he breathed out loudly.

"Did you hear something?" Aria placed a comforting hand on his shoulder as she glanced over his face with worried eyes.

He stammered out an answer, "he's...he's meeting Ward right now. We gotta go. Come on."

:)
hi lovers