prologue

My black hair rested on one side as I looked at myself in the mirror, the girl staring back at me looked damaged, confused, anger and heartbroken. My skin was pale, the ocean eyes that I had fallen in love with didn't sparkle, they were swollen and highly red from the tears I had shed every night.

I go to sleep at night hoping that when I wake up this would all just be a dream, Sarah would be waiting for me on her front porch with a latte in her hand, we'd drive down the coast of our island with our sunroofs down, Kie would be strumming her ukulele as Pope complained, JJ would be smoking a blunt as John B would be beaming with happiness.

But when I open my eyes the next morning it's the same reality as yesterday. Sarah is dead and so is John B. I've never been good with death and coping with loosing someone is me loosing myself in the process.

I miss her a lot, I find myself staring at the large house across the street, flashing memories running through my brain of the bubbly blonde girl.

Some days it's easier and some days it's harder. I miss her smile, her laugh and her shitty advice. The way every eye was on her the second she walked in. Everything reminded me of her, the picture on my dresser was now face down, I didn't want to be reminded that of her.

I hope it was painless, hopefully they wrapped their arms around one another as death shined down on them. I hope that now they are happy and free, maybe in a vault surrounded by gold in the afterlife.

Pain and numbness had been something I had gotten used to, and I enjoyed it. In a way I turned off my feelings.

Well this is only the beginning I suppose.

This is Aria Campbell and now this is our story. Welcome back, I've missed you all dearly.