Chapter Twenty-Eight

Noah's Pov:

I woke up to soft hands running over my face and shoulders. When I opened my eyes, I saw a smiling Dixie with her hair all over the place.

"Good morning sleepy head." She said happily.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and stretching.

"Almost 3. I thought I'd wake you up so you could still sleep with me tonight." She told me while climbing off of me and going towards the bathroom.

I laid in bed for a few minutes before getting up to follow Dixie into the bathroom. I saw her standing at the sink, trying to brush through her extremely tangled hair. She was getting really frustrated so I went over and helped her.

"Baby, how did your hair get this matted?" I asked her while pulling the brush through her hair.

"It's cause I laid in bed all sad while I waited for you to come home." She told me as I got the last knot out.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." I said, rubbing her shoulders.

"It's okay. Can you braid my hair for me?" She asked hopefully.

"I can try. It's been a while since I've braided anyone's hair." I said.

"Who's hair did you braid before?" She asked, looking through the mirror at me skeptically.

"When I was little my mom taught me how when I would play with her hair and then Tatum would only let me do it for her ballet recitals." I explained as I began parting her hair.

"Oh. That reminds me, Charli has a dance performance coming up and she wants us to go watch her." She told me as she began picking at her fingers.

"Okay. When is it though? I'll make a space in my schedule." I said as I finished the first braid.

"Umm excuse me sir. You aren't supposed to have a schedule yet. You just got shot two days ago!" She said angrily.

"I'm sorry baby but work calls. I have to get back to it by next week." I said softly as I finished her hair.

"Can't Curtis or Blake do it for a couple more weeks? I want you to be fully healed and spend some extra time with you." She said with a pout while turning around to wrap her arms around my neck.

"I don't know about that but I will see. I'm always here for you and if you really need me, I will drop anything I'm doing to come help you."I told her as I slowly lifted her up onto the bathroom counter.

"I know that but I want to be with you all the time. You already know I have attachment issues to you." She said with a slight giggle at the end.

"I know baby. How about you take a nice relaxing shower and I will join you if you're still in there when I come back." I told her as I moved from between her legs.

"Okay but where are you going?" She asked, quickly grabbing my hand to hold me back.

"I just have some quick phone calls to make. You know, to see if Curtis and Bake are available." I told her, trying to get straight to the point.

"Alright. I love you." She hummed.

"I love you too." I told her as I leaned in for a quick peck before officially exiting the bathroom.

Dixie's Pov:

As Noah left the bathroom, it almost seemed like he didn't want to talk to me anymore or like he needed to get away from me. I let it go and started the shower, setting it to a practical boiling temperature. Maybe he just really wanted to shower with me.