Chapter Twenty

Noah's Pov:

I woke up in the same position we had fallen asleep in except Dixie had turned to face me. Dixie was still asleep so I sat in bed with her, waiting for her to wake up. When her eyelids finally started to flutter open, I consumed her warm body in my arms, kissing all over her face. She let out a squeal of surprise and then started giggling.

"Good morning my love." I said, leaning back to look at her face.

"Good morning." She said while reaching her arms up to stretch.

"How are you feeling?" I asked while laying my head on her chest.

"Definitely sore but not enough that I couldn't go for another round." She said while running her hands through my hair.

"Easy tiger." I said with a chuckle.

Before she could respond, there was a knock on the door downstairs. Dixie looked down at me confused but I already knew who it was. I got out of bed and practically ran down the stairs to open the door.

"Hello my sweet girl." I said excitedly as I opened the door.

I took Cali from Thomas' arms nodded to him. He set the rest of her things down just inside the door and waved goodbye before leaving.

As I closed the door, Cali bit down on my hand that was holding her. It didn't really hurt since she was still a puppy and didn't have much bite force yet. With a chuckle, I got my hand free and started walking back to our room.

"Come on. Let's go see momma." I said while petting her head.

I walked in the door and saw Dixie sitting on her phone, responding to texts and what not.

"Who was- Oh my baby!" She said, throwing her phone to open her arms for Cali.

I handed over the puppy and climbed back into bed. Dixie sat playing with her until she jumped off the bed and started smelling around the room.

"What do we have to do today?" She asked me while laying her head on my chest.

"Well we have to go tell your father about your mom and sister leaving with us and then we have to finish packing up the rest of the things you need from your room." I explained while rubbing her head.

"Where are my mom and Charli at right now?" She asked, looking up at me confused.

"I'd say they're probably 3/4 of the way to Germany now. They got their plane after the wedding and are going to a safe house for a few months with my parents." I told her, hoping she wouldn't freak out over everything changing so fast.

"Well why do they have to go to a safe house?" She asked, sitting up and looking even more confused.

"It's just in case your father tries to pull anything. It's most likely not even necessary, it's just to be sure nothing bad happens. Everything will be okay." I tell her, putting my arms around her and pulling her so she's straddling my lap.

"Promise?" She asks while putting her arms around my neck and looking down into my eyes.

"I promise." I said while leaning up for a kiss.

After we pulled away, Dixie leaned her forehead against mine and let out a soft breath. I tightened my grip around her and let myself breath in her sent.

"What's wrong babygirl?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's cause everything is changing so fast." She said, her voice breaking halfway through.

"It's gonna be okay. We are going to figure out all of the emotions you feel. Together." I said, whispering the last part.

"I love you so much." She whispered back.