Chapter Fourteen

Dixie's Pov:

After we got home Noah brought me up the stairs and into our room. He helped me take off my heels and put my purse on the coat hooks then he pushed me back and onto the bed.

"I want you to take a nap. I'll wake you when I'm ready." He said while pulling the covers up over me.

"What? Why?" I ask him, extremely confused.

"Because I said so now go to sleep." He said sternly.

I scowled at him as he walked out of the room and turned out the lights. Why did he want me to sleep so bad? It was only three p.m. and we had relaxed all morning so I wasn't even tired.

I sat there for almost an hour before I got frustrated that Noah wasn't coming back so I got up to go see what was happening. When I opened the door, it creaked lightly giving me away.

"Dixie Jane! I better not hear that door opening! Get back in that bed or I will come and do it myself and you won't like it if I have to!" He yells from downstairs.

I let out a groan of frustration and stomped back into our room, slamming the door behind me. He was being so annoying and acting like my dad. Like, does he not know I hate that man with a burning passion? I throw myself on our bed and bury my face in the blankets.

Soon after my little tantrum, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs at a faster rate than normal. Noah stomps down the hallway and practically breaks the door down from his momentum. I look up at him and I can see the anger radiating off of his face. I just roll my eyes and turn on my side so I'm facing the wall instead of him. I felt a weight on top of me and then Noah is forcing me onto my back and putting my arms above my head.

"What did I tell you earlier?" He asks angrily.

"Not to roll my eyes." I said in a mocking tone.

"What were my exact words?" He asked, pushing harder on my wrists.

"If I roll my eyes again you would punish me by fucking me." I say while putting away my big girl ego and relaxing my body.

"Exactly. You're really pushing my buttons right now so you better fucking stop before you get yourself into some deep shit." He says as he now sits me up.

"I'm sorry." I say, looking down.

"Don't be like that. You can come downstairs now if you want to." He says as he gets up and goes over to the door.

"No. I'll just stay up here." I said say as I laid down.

"Okay babygirl. I love you." He says as he leans against the doorframe.

"I love you too." I say as I smile back at him.

"Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes." He tells me as he closes the door.

So that was the surprise. He was making me dinner.

I let out a sigh and get up to go grab my phone out of my purse. I see a few messages from Charli but they're stupid so I ignore them and open Instagram. I end up actually falling asleep this time so when Noah comes to wake me up with two pates of food, it feels like he's making fun of me.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." He said with a smile.

I looked down in embarrassment while Noah sets down a plate containing steak, potatoes, salad and a few little shrimps. I send him a smile so he knows that I'm happy with my meal and he smiles at me as he goes to sit in the arm chair across the room.

"Why did you go all the way over there?" I ask with a pout.

"I don't know. I can sit next to you if you want me too." He tells me before sitting down.