06 | job's done

| Amelia |

Exhaustion.

That's all I felt as I continued to dance to the roaring beats of the loud music surrounding me, my body moving rhythmically along with it.

Even though it had only been about an hour since we arrived, we had found the party in full swing and had consequently joined into the fun.

My eyes traversed the room, a chuckle escaping my lips when I saw Leila already dancing with a girl she had introduced to me earlier, Sophie. The both of them seemed very occupied and I smirked, knowing they were about to sneak out of here pretty soon - as was Leila's M.O.

Neither did I fail to notice the other couple who was making its presence known. My mouth broke into an even wider smile as I looked at Zoey and Chase, secluded in a private corner of the large room, engaged in an intimate position as his arms were wrapped around her waist and their bodies were pressed close together.

Never had I ever seen Zoey look that happy and nervous at the same time.

I smiled to myself at her predicament as my hips still swayed to the music, my mind getting lost in the exhilarating atmosphere.

A few minutes passed before I suddenly felt the my waist being grabbed from behind as someone pulled me to their chest, a soft gasp escaping my lips.

"Hey." A gruff voice greeted behind me in a seductive tone as its owner placed his hands on my waist, "Care to dance?"

A furious blush made its way onto my face as I took in a deep breath to calm myself a bit, not used to such a direct approach. My mouth curved into a small smile as I covered his hand on my body with mine, going along with his movements; our bodies were now swaying together to the blaring beats.

I felt him smile against my neck. "Samuel."

I chuckled. "Amelia."

He spun me around to face him, making me meet instantly with the sight of a blonde guy, his electric blue eyes subtly shining against the darkened background of the room.

His eyes scanned my face before his mouth broke into a wide grin, his hands travelling to my hips sensually. "Would you like a drink?"

I nodded my head, smiling at him sweetly. "Sure."

He flashed me a smirk before walking over to the bar and my brows furrowed in confusion as I observed him, my head tilting slightly. I had to admit, it wasn't like me to share a dance with a random guy at a party.

Minutes passed before he returned, holding a red cup in his hand and forwarding it to me. I stared at it before gulping the bitter liquid down in one go; I was surely feeling slightly adventurous tonight.

I shook my head to get rid of the sourness and turned around, setting the cup on a table nearby.

But my lips pursed as I found that Samuel was nowhere to be seen. Brows furrowed in confusion, I looked around in an attempt to locate him; it was almost impossible because of the darkness in the room and the wild crowd of teenagers occupying it.

Where the hell did he vanish?

I didn't have time, however, to further contemplate that question. For my thoughts were broken when a warm breath suddenly hit the back of my neck, the strong scent of male cologne and smoke swiftly enclosing me in a trap. A shiver travelled down my body as my head tilted to the side, trying to decipher who was behind me, but my body refused to move - as if completely frozen.