Chapter 15: The companion

Start from the beginning

***** 

In order to avoid making any commotion, I pushed the door slowly. I peeked my head inside before entering the house. As expected, he was nowhere to be seen in the living room nor dining room. I placed the food that I bought and headed to my room. 

It was 11.30 pm when I was finally done with my night routine. I looked at Tristan's sister's room a few times, but the door was closed, and no sound was heard inside. Probably, he already fell asleep, but I bought food for him too. Sitting on the couch in my pyjama, I stared at the food and the room back and forth, hoping to see him walking out of the room. 

Tristan POV 

Stepping out from the room, the brightness from the living room making me felt uncomfortable. I have been staying in the dark for the whole day. Perching the space around, my eyes caught on a figure lying on the couch. I quickly walked closer to the couch, observing her sleep soundly. 

I caught a glimpse of the food on the table. Looking at the untouched food, I assumed she hadn't had her dinner yet. I bent down my body and lightly touched her shoulder. 

"Trisha, wake up." I shook her shoulder but to no avail. Instead of waking up, she pushed my hand away. I couldn't help but smile at her cute gesture whilst letting my hand push her loose hair in the dark brown colour covering her face. 

"Muffin, if you don't want to wake up, I will finish all the food alone." I blew her face, which caused her to wriggle, and tried to avoid it. 

"Stop doing that." She finally showed some reaction. Again, I refused to stop but blew it stronger this time while enjoying her response. 

"You annoying brat, go away." She raised her arm to stop me from repeating the same action, but I caught her wrist. Her eyes fluttered open as she felt something caught her wrist. 

"Tristan?" She was surprised to see me and instantly pulled her hand closer. Unfortunately, due to her spontaneous reaction, I lose the strength in my leg and fell on her body. To make it worse, our lips almost collide, but luckily, I managed to stop it with my hand on the side of the couch. 

"Ops, be careful there, you almost kiss my lips, muffin." Her eyes widened as she realized what just happened. She cleared her throat and immediately sat on the couch. 

"Your fault." She spoke in an awkward tone. 

"The food is for you. I'm going back to my room." She was about to walk away, but I caught her wrist and spun her around to face me before that. Her tinted pink face from the accident earlier didn't go unnoticed. 

"You haven't eaten yet. Come, eat with me." 

"It's okay. I'm not hungry." 

"I thought you're waiting for me?" I questioned her, finding her eyes. 

"No, I'm not. I accidentally fall asleep on the couch." But, of course, anyone can tell she was lying. 

"If you're not eating, I'm not going to eat as well." I let go of her hand and walked to the stairs to go upstairs. 

"Tristan, stop." My trick worked. 

I hide the smirk on my face before turning around to face her. I send her a questioning look, pretending that I don't know what she wanted to say. 

"Let's eat together." The genuine smile on her face convinced me I didn't mishear her. 

"Alright, let's see what you bought for me." I walked past her and grabbed the food on the table. 

"I don't know what you like, but I got some fast food and also my favourite muffin." She grinned.

"Now I doubt you got this for me." 

"For both of us." She answered cutely, taking a seat on the floor, which I joined her later. I grabbed the meat burger and ate it deliciously. I have eaten nothing since morning. 

"By the way, can I ask you something?" 

"No." I can predict what she wants to ask. I chewed on the burger without turning my eyes on her. 

"But I still want to ask." She pouted. 

"What is the point for asking permission then?" I flicked her forehead, and she slapped my arm in return. 

"Do you have anything..erm, no, let me rephrase my question. Do you want to..oh my God, why it's so hard to say it?" She mumbled. 

"I appreciate your kindness but I don't have anything to share especially about today." 

She stared at me with full attention. 

"I won't force you, but just remember that I'm ready to be your listener anytime in the future. Okay?" 

I raised my brows at her as if I doubted her offer. But she nodded her head several times. 

"I'm serious." She convinced me. 

"Eat your muffin." I shoved the muffin to her mouth. Deep inside my heart, I was thankful she was with me. Without realizing it, I feel better after talking to her.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤