Chapter 20: Follow the flow

Trisha POV

"Hey, Trisha! Over here!" I was looking for the voice that was calling for me. Turning my head to the right side, I saw Cassandra and Scarlet were sitting on a table near the poolside. Nighttime is our free time which we don't have any activities for team building. So, we take this opportunity to spend time together.

"It is hard to get rid of the boyfriends?" I teased them as I pulled an empty chair beside Scarlet.

"Don't worry about that. We have a supportive boyfriend." Cassandra commented.

"One tip, train them from the beginning so they won't cause any trouble in the future," Scarlet whispered as if she was talking about some top secret.

"Oh really? I think I heard quite a few stories about their possessive side."

"That were rumors. Don't trust that, fake stories." We couldn't hold our laughter as we looked at each other faces.

"By the way, how are you?"

"Oh, you mean the pool incident? Nothing serious."

"We are not asking about that?" The smile on their faces indicated that they had some naughty things in their head. I covered my chest with both hands. Cassandra rolled her eyes while Scarlet slapped away my hands.

"We are not interested in that incident." Cassandra pointed to my chest.

"But, we are curious about you and our brother, Tristan. Everyone is talking about you guys."

"The hot topic for today." Added by Scarlet.

The name reminded me of the incident earlier. I'm not sure when I fell asleep in his room. When I woke up, I noticed the blanket was covering my body, and Tristan took a nap on the couch. At the same time, I saw my cloth was neatly folded on the dressing table. So I sneakily changed into my cloth, and without waking him up, I ran out of his room. I pretended as nothing happened earlier, even though I predicted people might talk about Tristan and me.

I told them about what happened after the pool incident. "I swear nothing happens," I told them with a serious face, noticing the weird expression on their faces. "But I know no matter what I say, no one will believe me," I added, aware of the fact.

"We believe nothing happens for now, but we ain't sure about that in the future."

"Sooner or later. Just follow the flow."

"What will happen? What flow? Nothing will happen sooner or later. I treated him like a brother." I tried to correct their expectation.

"Think about that again." Naughty smiles lingered on their faces.

"I agreed on that." Cassandra winked her eyes.

"Stop talking about me. See who is behind us." They both turned their head in the direction that I was looking at. Cassandra slapped her forehead when she noticed the table.

"What a small world," Scarlet uttered with sarcasm.

"I think they follow their girlfriends here. So, I guess the training failed?" I grabbed the chance to tease them. Carlos, Miguel, and Manuel were sitting at the table that was just a few steps from us. They waved their hands as they noticed we were looking in their direction.

"Should we join them?" I asked for their opinion.

"No!" Unexpectedly, they answered in unison. I almost laughed, looking at their funny reaction.

"Why is Tristan not with them?" The question was coming out of my mouth bluntly.

"Maybe he is late or not in a good mood? You can text him directly if you are keen to know about him."

"Scarlet..." I warned her jokingly to stop teasing me.

"What? I'm just expressing my suggestion."

"Eat your food." I scooped a big piece of chicken on her plate. My mind wandering to Tristan. I was debating if I should text him, but I was unsure what I should text him to make it not sound odd.

***
I changed into my night sleep and pretended to be in a slumber sleep before my roommate came back. There is something that I need to do, but I don't want anyone to find out about it. Covering my whole body with the blanket, I keep looking at the time and thinking about what Manuel said about Tristan earlier. He didn't join them because he was not feeling well.

The sound of the door being opened caught my attention. I stay still under the blanket. After waiting for quite a long time, she finally turned off the light and went to sleep. I waited for a moment before sneakingly escaping from the room.

Tristan's room is located in the next building. To get rid of the risk of being caught, I covered myself with an oversized hoodie and a cap. Running like a criminal from my room, I finally arrived in front of his room. While catching on my breath, I knock on the door softly.

"Tristan, it's me, Trisha. Can you open the door?" I moved my face closer to the door. There was no response coming from inside the room, so I pulled out my phone and searched for his name.

The line was disconnected after a few rings, but I couldn't hear his voice.

"Hello Tristan, I'm outside your room. Can you open the door for me?"

"Hello? Tristan? Did you hear me?" I repeated, but the line was disconnected. I gasped as I looked at my phone with disbelief.

"How could you?" Stomping my legs, I walked away from the room with a heavy heart. I don't have other intention other than taking care of him to repay for his kindness, and the main point is to get rid of the guilt inside me.

"Are you still in?" I doubted my ear as I heard the familiar voice. Then, quickly turning my body to face him, I smiled instantly as I saw him standing at the door, looking at me.

"I'm in!" I yelped happily, sprinted to enter his room before he changed his mind and closed the door.

Shutting the door behind, he asked, "What brought you here?"

"You."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤