Chapter 9: The backup

Trisha POV

I was exhausted to cover my ears from the screams and cursing voices from my surrounding. It has been a few hours since they brought me here. I lost my energy to protest and express my anger. Helplessly, I occupied a space at the corner of the locked room while trying to cover my exposed skin with my hands. They forced me to change into a short skirt which exposed my skin and made me felt uncomfortable.

"Stop screaming and get ready. The event will start soon." A guy with a scary face opened the door with a strong push. Everyone was silent, noticing him entered the room with two guys followed from behind.

"What are they up to?" I quietly asked the girl near me.

"Auction." She answered, revealing her forlorn face as if she was confirmed that this would be the end of her life and nothing can change it by now.

"I thought it would be in a few days." Another girl added with an obvious shock on her face.

"Stand up, women! Get ready to be sold." I looked at the guy with a disgusting look. The cocky smirk on his face made me felt disgusted.

"I'm not going with you. Let me talk to your boss. He doesn't have the right to do this. I paid him the money every month!" I screeched at his face, and obviously, he was annoyed with my action. He glared at me as if he could kill me with his eyes.

"Shut up and do as I said!"

"I told you I'm not going. Bring me to your boss! Did you hear me, bastard?" At that moment, I have no idea where I got my courage. I am aware the only way not to get hurt in this kind of situation is to shut my mouth and follow what they want, but I can't help it by the time I knew about the auction.

All my thoughts vanished as a strong hand slapped me on my face. I closed my eyes and instantly touched my face as I could feel the sharp pain burned my skin.

"I warned you to shut up!" He pulled my hair, but I refused to scream. That's what he wants, to show him that I was suffering in pain, but I won't make him have the pleasure to see that. I bit my lips to avoid making any sound.

"Let her go! We need her in good shape." A voice distracted us. He came closer and whispered something to the other guy. I couldn't hear what they were talking about, but he quickly let go of his hand from my hair.

"Don't forget to thank God for saving your life."

"What does it means?" I blurted out, scared about the next danger.

"Sold." That one word was enough to make me tremble. I shook my head numerous times, denying his word.

"Time to meet your new owner." I hate to see the smug smirk that popped up on his face. He struggled to pull me out of the room, but I kicked his leg vigorously. It made the situation worse as he lost his temper and smashed my face once again, and I swear this time I felt thick liquid gushing out from the edge of my lips. Without giving me time to react, they dragged me out of the room.

"Boss, we brought her here." I heard he spoke once we arrived there.

My body was getting weak, but I tried to stay awake and examined the surrounding of the room. I strained my eyes, peering into the gloom room. I noticed two men were sitting on the big leather chairs. I'm sure one of them will be my 'owner' that he mentioned earlier.

"Remember the deal, don't you dare to touch her anymore, or else I can't help you if her man comes and hunt you. You knew what he is capable of." The other guy in a black suit uttered in a cold voice, which caused the other guy to fake his laugh to hide his uneasiness. Although he pretended to be brave, it failed to conceal his apparent scare.

"Rest assured. We don't touch other people's property."

"You better be." He was standing up from the chair, gradually walking in my direction. My heartbeat accelerated, looking at his every step.

I desperately begged him to let me go. "Please, don't-"

"Hey Trisha, don't worry. I'm here on behalf of Tristan."

"Tristan?" The name made me astonished. He was the only person in my mind from the moment they were catching me. I can't deny my hope and happiness when I heard his name.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Ryan, his cousin." A smile crept across his face as he told his name.

"Where is Tristan?" I don't feel secure even though he doesn't look like a bad guy.

"He is outstation, but he is on his way here. It will take a few hours for him to arrive. I promised him to get you out from here safely."

Hearing his words, I tried to stand up from the floor but fell the next second as my energy was drained when I fought with those guys earlier.

"They hurt you." He stared at my face, noticing the blood there.

"Who did this?" He suddenly shouted, which made me tremble. I don't know about his identity, but he looks so powerful that no one dares to answer him.

"This guy?" He pulled the collar of the guy who caused me pain. Saying nothing, I nodded my head, and for the next second, a strong punch landed on his face. My eyes followed as his body fell to the ground with a loud growl from him, but that didn't make him stop. He sent a few punches on his face before finishing it with a strong kick at his stomach. I watched with satisfaction; he deserved that.

"Come, let's get out of this shitty place." He offered his hand to pick me up from the floor, and I accepted it with no question. The only thing I have in my mind is to leave the disgusting place right away. His following action made me pleased. He took off his outwear and covered my body. Maybe he noticed the skirt that hung on my body was over-revealing.

"You can take this." He offered gently.

"Thank you." It was a great help as I felt uncomfortable in the skirt that doesn't cover my skin much. No one stops us as we strode out from the place. A few men, which I assumed as his bodyguards, followed closely from behind. Although I don't feel completely calm and safe, I have no choice but to allow him to bring me out from the dirty place.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤