Chapter 15: The companion

Tristan POV

For the whole day, I stayed in my sister's room after Trisha had left the house. I informed Trisha I would use the room for today and was glad that she didn't question anything. This is my routine since the last few years after she passed away. I never talked about this to anyone, but they knew it was the day I need to be alone. Flipping through the album of our photos, I poured out all the emotions that I kept in the deepest corner of my heart. 

"Do you know how much I missed you?" I caressed her face in the photo. If only there is a possibility for me to touch her for real at this moment. I still blamed myself for her death, which was why I refused to open up to anyone about her. Some wounds are better left untouched. It was my fault since I didn't do my duty as a brother to protect her. 

"I'm sorry. I failed to protect you. I'm not a good brother." If only I were given a second chance, I wanted to rewrite the past and wish I can exchange my life with her. 

Trisha POV 

Right after I ended my working hour in the office, I went to the bar for my night's duty. The girls arrived earlier today, and I take the chance to have a talk with them. 

"Actually, I have something to ask." I arranged my words carefully as I still doubted if I should ask them the question. 

"What is it about?" 

"I'm wondering about Tristan." 

"Why? Do you start to have feeling for him?" 

"What? No!" I exclaimed immediately, don't want them to get the wrong idea. Both of them burst out laughing at my reaction. 

"I thought we will get some good news." Scarlet sighed off, showing a disappointed face. 

"Oh, come one. Don't get influenced by Manuel. Nothing is going on between us." 

"Alright, but maybe in future?" Cassandra acted naughty, causing me to slap her arm lightly. 

"Okay, close the topic, but I have something important to ask about him. He is acting strange today and make me feel uneasy. I came here directly from office as I tried to avoid him. I'm worried if I will do anything wrong if I meet him." So I opened up about my worries to them. 

"Today is the day his sister passed away." That sentence hits me right at heart. I nodded; everything makes sense now. 

"No wonder. He left me a text this morning saying that he will stay in her sister's room. I don't dare to ask more about that because I noticed last time when he mentioned about his sister, his face changed immediately." So I finally understood why he sent me the text. 

"We don't know much about the incident that happened to his sister, but that tragic still haunted him. He will stay in the room every year on this date. No one can contact him and no one dare to talk about this as well." Cassandra added. 

"He loved his sister so much that it still hurts him. I wish I could do something to make him feel better." The image of him feeling depressed popped up in my head. I couldn't imagine how he faced everything alone. 

"Hope someday he can walk out from the pain. It wasn't easy to deal with it alone." 

Not long after that, I left them and get ready for my stage performance. I got to admit that I wasn't able to focus on my performance entirely. My mind was full of Tristan; the image of him crying and punching the wall occupied my mind. Even though I don't know what the cause of his sister's death was, he sure will take the blame and think that he failed his duty as a brother.