Chapter 44:- Becoming One (II)

Começar do início

"Want blood."

He raised his head and smiled at her sadly. The wolf's expression faltered. She felt the whirlwinds of emotions raging in the suite, the emotions of her mate, and a lot of her will to fight was slipping away, but not enough to stop her yet.

"As you wish."

Izzy immediately shifted and slammed Xavier down on the floor with her paws on his chest. If his lungs were bruised or broken, Xavier didn't let it show.

She snarled at his face and howled, an angry and pained howl that was met with howls from the pack wolves outside, showing their support to their Luna.

The wolves outside had no idea what was going on. But they knew their Luna was in distress.

'Fight back!'

Xavier gasped.

They weren't mated yet... how did he hear her in his head?

'It must be her witch,' Zion whispered, in awe. 'Let me talk to her.'

Xavier allowed his wolf to come forth immediately, but his wolf was not overwhelmed. He started slowly shifting while Izzy was still standing over him.

For a second, when Izzy didn't move even when his bones shifted under her, he felt maybe it was her revenge, to hurt him while he shifted. The added weight slowed down his process which made it more painful for Xavier. From his side, he too was trying to slow his movements as he didn't want to hurt her.

Izzy moved back though, and in the very next second, right in front of her paws was a very large wolf, his ears droopy, and his tail dangling low.

Izzy growled. 'Fight back, you coward!'

Zion growled too, the wolf didn't like being called a coward.

'Wanna try how traitor sounds to the ear?'

His growl turned to a whine.

'I am sorry, Izzy, both me and Xavier are.'

'Sorry doesn't erase the pain.'

'I know.'

'I wanna make you feel the humiliation that I felt-'

'I would deserve it,' he lowered his head down in submission.

'-but I cannot. I love your stupid ass too much to do that to you,' Izzy whined too, making Zion look up at her just as a whimper left her lips and a devastating look took over the face he loved more than himself. 'Did you not love me? How could you?'

Zion took a step forward but Izzy didn't like that. She lunged at him and rolled them over so that Zion fell on his back, with Izzy on top of him again. He made no attempts to defend himself. Izzy stared at her mate with her hackles raised but her eyes kept dropping to his neck.

'Izzy, please don't,' Selena knew what Izzy was thinking.

Marking during the wolf form before the humans have marked each other is a sign of the human side being incompetent. It was a custom followed thousands of years back, to punish a wolf in case that they had wronged their mate.

'Wouldn't it be deserving though,' the wolf whispered to her human, her eyes locked on that spot. As much as she was hurting, she was very much attracted to him.

Zion noticed her intentions too. For a second the wolf stilled, scared, terrified even.

'Tell her to do it.'

'What?'

'Zion, rather be by her side than have her not forgive us, right?'

The wolf whimpered inside his head at this thought. The decision was both easy and difficult at the same time. But Zion knew which one would hurt more.