"Holy shit guys" Kie says her voice full of worry we all crouch down. John B does his best as he is still driving the boat. "Oh my God we're gonna die" Pope says putting an arm around Kie to make sure she's safe just like JJ does for me. another shot gets fired and an Idea pops into my head.

I get out of JJ grip and make my way to the back of the boat and grab the fishing net. "Jess get down!" JJ shouts I know I should listen to him but I don't. Another shot is fired and it grazed across my arm and I groan in pain. I throw the net into the water and it stop their boat.

I instantly sit down and look to my arm that's bleeding I don't think anyone actually noticed so I untie my shirt for the anchor chain and tie it around my arm to hopefully stop the bleeding. "Nice work Jess" Pope high-fives me with a smile.

"That was crazy" Kie laughs holding her chest feeling her heart beat, that has most likely sped up just as mine has.

"Jess what happened?" Pope asks pointing to my arm that is covered with my shirt.

"Oh it's nothing" I tell him with a shrug shaking my head Pope and JJ share a look and JJ makes his way towards me.

He quickly unties the shirt letting to fall to my feet "Jesus Jess that's not 'nothing' does it hurt?" JJ asks me looking at my arm to see the damage the bullet has made.

Even though it only grazed my arm it still hurts a fuck tone.

"It's fine I'll sort it later" I huff picking my shirt up from the floor and retying it around my arm. John B moves a bit on his seat and taps his seat looking at me. I walk over and sit next to him.

"You good? Like seriously?" He asks with genuine concern in her voice.  Pope, Kie and JJ are in their own little conversation so they can't really hear us.

"It hurts a little but nothing I can't handle" I smile and he looks at me smiling shaking his head.

He takes a hand off the wheel and  rests it on the back of the seat and I move a little closer to him. I've never had siblings and this feeling is the closest I'll ever get.

We eventually reach the Chateau and Kie takes the rope tying it to the dock (I know nothing about boats so if any of this is wrong feel free to tell me).

JJ grabs the black bag placing it in the dock for John B to pick up. I slide on my flip flops and pick up my shorts as John B steps off the boat.

He puts his hands out and helps me step onto the dock.

We walk up the dock and John B kneels down placing the bag in front of him. We all crowd around the boy to see what's in the bag.

"What do you guys think it is?" Kie ask looking around the group for an answer.

"Gotta be money" John B says looking at Kie with a shrug.

"That or a couple of keys with street value to the low-to-mid-mils" JJ laughs carefully wrapping his arms around my waist trying not to put any
pressure on my arm.

I nod gently telling him it doesn't hurt and he places his head on my shoulder. I smile at his action and place my hands over his.

"Can we please just open the bag?" Pope says clearly stressed his tone shocks me a bit and I raise an eyebrow.

"Wow Pope. That's a rare outburst of emotion from you" John B snickers  shaking his head.

"Okay. You guys are literally killing me with anticipation. Open the bag" Pope replies pointing down to the bag  placed in front of John B.

"We almost died over this. Jess literally got shot" Pope almost shouts pointing to my arm as he does so.

John B opens the bag pulling out a silver flask we all watch carefully as he opens it. I can practically feel JJ's stare over my shoulder.

John B unscrews the lid an old looking compass falls out into John B's palm.

He opens it and sees that it is just a compass. JJ takes his hands from around my waist as brushes them through his hair. I shake my head crossing my arms over my stomach.

"Oh wow. Yup. That's about right. Good job everybody. We found a compass." Pope speaks for all of us.

John B's eyes have not shifted from the compass since he opened it "dude, what? It's not worth anything." JJ points out.

"This was my fathers" John B says with a soft smile forming on his face.

The rest of us look at each other with very different expressions. Kie looks shocked at the boys words whilst Pope looks as if he's questioning if he heard John B correctly.

JJ, well he looks pretty much clueless much like me right now.

Why would Scooter Grubs have John B's dads compass?
————————
A/N

Oh my goodness I've not updated in ages sorry about that. I've just started back at school now in year 10. So it's a lot more stressful. I promise I'll try upload as much as I can. I can't give a specific day that I'll update cause well I don't even know that.

I know not a lot of people stop and read these things I'll admit I didn't either before I started writing myself. But let me tell you they're bloody important.

Anyway I hope you all are loving the book as I love writing it. Give me ideas!!! Cause I'm gonna run out.