He felt like his heart was crushed as she uttered those words, tears welling up in his white eyes as Shadow Six walked up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He began to see a vision, a future memory. The tall lady who had once appeared in his dreams stood before him, and on the other side of her was Six, her yellow raincoat standing out in the darkness.

"NOW, MONO!!"

Six's voice rung through his ears as the future Mono reeled his hands back, charging up an electric attack. The tall lady had been stunned, leaving her wide open for a fatal blow.

ZPPTT!!

Dust kicked up into the air as Mono sent the electricity out through his fingertips and at his enemy. A scream was heard as the boy covered his eyes, the dust floating toward him. As he lowered his arms back down and as the dust settled, there was no tall lady to be seen. Rather, a slumped-over girl in a yellow raincoat was leaning against a wall, showing no signs of life in her eyes.

GASP!!

Mono was brought back into Shadow Six's realm, tears flowing down his face as he dropped to his knees.

"You will need to be kept alive long enough to get her to that point, and you will know exactly when your time has come."

Shadow Six ignored the weeping Mono and continued to talk.

"See her safely, Mono."

"I..."

"Oh, and if you wanna tell her about our conversation here, you and Seven will experience the worst pain you have ever felt-"

"OKAY!! OKAY... JUST... LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS..."

His voice was very uneven and shakey as he tried to reason with her.

"LISTEN... SHADOW, PLEASE... WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!"

"HER LIFE MEANS MORE TO ME THAN YOURS EVER WILL."

She raised her voice as the electricity pulsating around her grew more aggressive.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW SHE WILL FEEL!? I CAN'T DO THAT TO HER! IF I DIE IN FRONT OF HER, SHE WILL-"

"I don't want to hear ANOTHER WORD FROM YOU."

Mono's white, expressionless eyes turned completely dark as electricity began to form around him, anger flowing through him.

"SHUT UP, SHADOW! YOU'RE A LYING BASTARD!"

A scowl formed on her face as Mono got up onto his feet.

"I'LL KILL YOU!! I WILL-"

With a snap of her finger, Mono was sent back into complete darkness. He caught his breath, his mind racing with thoughts.

"WHY COULDN'T SHE HAVE JUST DIED IN THE TOWER... GOD DAMN IT..! NOW SHE WANTS TO KILL ME AND DO GOD KNOWS WHAT WITH SIX..."

"Mono..?"

He relaxed upon hearing a familiar voice in the dark shell he was trapped in.

"Are you awake?"

She sighed in disappointment at the lack of response from him.

"Guess not..."

Mono immediately forced his eyes open, shielding them as the bright light flooded his vision.

"Agh... yeah, I'm awake, ow..."

His voice felt hoarse, but he felt very relaxed, the blanket he was wrapped up in keeping him warm.