Sister

Skyler's POV

"This is why you chose this bridge? Cause you knew they'd come?" I snapped, turning in my saddle towards Kronos. "You want me to fight him."

The Titan lord chuckled and ghosted his golden eyes towards me. "I thought you were ready to fight," I glared at him, pulling my helmet back on. "Lead the battle, Sunshine."

"Don't call me that." I choked back the curses I wanted to shout at him, picking up the reins and clicking my tongue to get the skeletal horse to move forward. "Wait for my signal,"

"Are you sure we should let her-" Ethan tried to say to the Titan lord, but he held his hand up with a cocky smile over his lips.

"I want to see how she does,"

I took a deep breath and rode towards my friends across the bridge.

Percy stood, Riptide drawn, between Will and Annabeth. My Apollo siblings were on all sides of them. I pulled the horse to a stop and slid from my skeletal mount.

"Skye," Percy breathed out.

I gave him a small smile as I pulled my helmet off. "You all did great," I said softly.

"Are you okay?" Annabeth asked, taking a step forward but Michael grabbed her arm.

"I'm fine," I nodded, "I can't stop them, you know that," I said, glancing over my shoulder to Kronos and his army. "You have to fight me."

"I'm not gonna fight you," Percy said, stepping forward.

"You have to." I gave him a weak smile, "Percy, if we don't fight he won't believe that I'm trying to fight with him,"

"You want to play both sides?" Annabeth asked, her brows furrowing.

"They have a spy at camp, right?" My friends nodded. "Then let me be yours,"

"Skye this could get you killed-"

"I know, but we have a lot of lives to worry about," I said.

Percy clearly didn't like the idea, his sea-green eyes searched my blue ones for a moment. He raised a hand but then pulled it back with a small nod. "I don't want to fight you..."

"I know...Just think of it like training at camp," I pulled my charm and Ilios formed in my right hand.

"Training doesn't lead with my girlfriend risking her life..."

"We risk our lives every day, Waterboy."

"You hurt her and I'll kill you myself," Will mumbled to Percy.

Percy swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded, raising Riptide in defense. Will began the retreat of our siblings when I raised Ilios to strike.

Percy and I moved in easy movements against each other. I attacked, he parried. He lunged, I stepped back. He took a step forward, swinging Riptide in an arc, I fumbled with my steps and his blade came down on the outside of my left arm. I hissed in pain but kept up the act. Percy's eyes were filled with concern as we moved after that.

I could hear the thunder of skeletal hooves. Michael, Will, and my siblings tried to retreat, but Annabeth stayed close, fighting with her knife and a mirrored shield I'd never seen before as I pushed them further down the bridge.

Soon, Kronos' cavalry swirled around us, slashing and yelling insults. I rolled past Percy when he brought his sword down in a slash. I could make out the Titan lord advancing leisurely like he had all the time in the world. Being the lord of time, I guess he did.