Childish

Skyler's POV

It was mid-afternoon when the fight broke out...

I was sitting outside the Apollo cabin with Will at my side. He was cleaning the wound on my shoulder when all Hades broke loose. Some of our half-siblings armed with firebombs flew over the Ares cabin in a chariot pulled by two white pegasi. I'd never seen the chariot before, but it looked nice. Soon, the roof of the Ares cabin was burning, and naiads from the canoe lake rushed over to blow water on it.

Then the Ares campers called down a curse, and our sibling's arrows turned to rubber. The Apollo kids kept shooting at the Ares kids, but the arrows bounced off harmlessly.

Lea and one of our other siblings ran by, chased by an angry Ares kid who was yelling in horrible poetry: "Curse me, eh? I'll make you pay! I don't want to rhyme all day!"

"Not again...Last time it took weeks for someone to speak normally," I muttered, wincing when Will poked at my wound a little too hard. "What's up with them anyway? What are they fighting about?" I asked, turning my head towards my brother.

Percy and Annabeth came walking towards us. It was Annabeth's day to do inspections and I figured this wasn't going to reflect well on cabin seven...

"The chariot," Will said as he nodded his head towards our siblings in the sky. "They captured it in a raid in Philadelphia last week. Some of Lu-" He paused, "Some of Kronos' demigods were there, with that flying chariot. We seized it during the battle, but the Ares cabin led the raid. So we've been fighting about who gets it ever since."

We ducked as Michael Yew and the chariot dive-bombed an Ares camper who ran past us. The Ares camper tried to stab him and cuss him out in rhyming couplets. 

Now I don't know how many rhyming swears you've heard...But the Ares cabin was pretty creative when coming up with them.

"We're fighting for our lives," I said, waving a hand towards our siblings "and they're bickering about some stupid chariot?"

"I've been dealing with this for days..." Will sighed, wiping off the disinfectant spray that was beading down my arm.

Percy smiled as they got closer. "Hey! How's the shoulder?" He asked, wincing a bit as he eyed the cut.

"Not as bad as it looks," I mumbled as Will began wrapping a clean bandage around my shoulder.

"I should..." Annabeth held her inspection scroll up slightly and walked away from us.

"She still not talking to you?" Will asked after a few moments.

"Not really," I sighed out. "She's probably said more to me in two days than she has in months."

"Give her some time," Percy said, sitting down on the other side of me. He had been carrying a stack of papers that he placed on his lap with a grumble.

"What's all that?" I asked, looking at the papers.

"Reports... Chiron gave them to me to keep me...busy." He slumped a bit. 

Will gave us an awkward smile and jerked his thumb towards Michael Yew who swooped down at a group of Ares kids again. "I should handle this." He muttered before jogging off.

I watched for a moment as Will tried to figure out the best form of attack against our rioting siblings.

"I should finish these reports and get back to Chiron," Percy said with a deep sigh, drawing my attention.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, putting a hand over his. "Want some help? I have no wish to get in the middle of this." I gestured to the Ares and Apollo kids rushing around.

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head, splitting the stack of papers and placing half the stack on my lap. "Canoe lake?"

"Canoe lake," I confirmed.