Prison Break

Skyler's POV

"Let me out!" I shouted, slamming my fists against the dark mahogany double doors.

There was no response but the clattering of the skeletal guards outside the doors. I huffed and paced to the other side of the room.

The room was made up of dark obsidian, and the torchlight bounced off the dark stone. Dark velvet curtains surrounded a four-poster double bed against the far wall. A small part of me wondered how long I would be here before Hades decided to hand me over to Kronos and his army.

The room was nice I guess... You know, as nice as it can get when you're being held hostage in the Underworld. I paced for a few more minutes before flopping down onto the blood-red duvet.

"Curse you... Curse all of you!" I screeched helplessly into the empty room.

I don't remember the tears starting but then again I don't remember the overbearing wave of sleep that soon lulled me into submission...

My dreams were flooded with images of some kind of old city? Smooth limestone buildings lined a path of trampled ground. People roamed around in full battle armor, polishing weapons by fires pits, or holding hushed conversations as they entered the long buildings.

"You should have been more careful." I heard someone say. I peeked around a corner of one of the smooth stone buildings seeing a boy tending to a girl's hand in the darkness. A silver pole weapon spear lay at her feet, ruby-red blood tinted the discarded blade's edge.

"I didn't mean to." The girl huffed. Her voice was a mixture of hoarse and modulated...Like she had a sore throat but it wasn't unpleasant or too scratchy. "I was being careful. Someone bumped into me and made it slip." She sucked in a breath of air as the male poured something over the cut from a small bottle.

The boy sighed, capping the bottle and sliding it into his pocket, then he began to wrap her hand in a pale linen bandage. Once he had secured the wrapping he picked up the girls weapon, wiping the blade clean of her blood on the arm of his dark sleeve, and handed the weapon back. She took it, spinning it twice in an elegant fashion before slinging it into a spear strap over her shoulder.

"We should have stayed at home..." She muttered, looking up at the male who chuckled at her words.

The moonlight hit her face and I could finally make out more than just her form and her voice.

She had long ebony hair that was split and braided half up in a crown around her head well the rest hung low by the small of her back. Small braids wove through sections of the loose hair, some adorned with gold beads that caught the silver light.

Her face was a mixture between a soft heart and oval shape, her eyebrows were stern and curtained in fringe bangs. She looked like she hadn't slept in a few days.

Her dusty lips weren't thin or thick but just in between. Across the right side of her chin was a set of diagonal scars, like claw marks. But her eyes though were the thing that caught my attention. Sure the rest of her features were nice but her eyes were like rounded almonds... and they held the oddest pools of color I think I had ever seen.

They were beautiful but reminded me of Dr. Thorn from Westover... They were heterochromatic. One eye was honey brown and the other emerald green. The brown eye shifted to an ocean blue, then a shade of lavender, a soft blush pink, black as night itself, then it settled on the same emerald green as the other.