Forty-four

Easton woke up and stretched looking around his room. His paci bobbed in his mouth slowly. He noticed Max goggy was in the covers with him and they were snuggly under his new blanket. What was this goggy's name? Scoopy? That didn't sound right. Someone must have carried him up here and tucked him in. He wondered if Oma and Opa were still here. Then he realized his pull-up was wet, but instead of the wet bed or worse the dread of a beating, he only felt a little damp. It was nice to know no one would hit him or yell at him for peeing. But Daddy and Papa did ask him to tell them when he was wet so they could change him and keep him from getting sore. Should he call for them or go looking he wondered?

The decision was made for him as Felix stuck his head in the door. "I thought I heard you moving around in here. Did you have a good sleep?"

"Mmhm." Easton yawned out again while he stretched his arms over his head. "I wet, Papa." He revealed.

"Okey dokey, Sweet Boy. Grab a pull-up from the drawer and let's head to the bathroom. I'll get you all fixed up."

"Okey dokey." Easton repeated liking the sound of the words.

"Where Daddy?" He asked as he sat on the toilet on his new ring while Papa put clean towels in the closet.

"He went to pick up Amari from school. They'll be back soon."

"Where Oma an' Opa?" He asked next.

"They went home to take care of some stuff. I'm sure we'll see them again soon. Naomi especially likes it when there are young children in the house she gets to fuss over. The sum total of her grandbabies are under one roof. By the way, my parents aren't that far away. I'm sure they'll be over soon."

"More Omas an' Opas?" Easton asked in surprise.

"Well, in my family it's an abuela and a pappy. My mom is Mexican, and my dad is a mixture of all kinds of European backgrounds."

"Wow." Easton didn't know what else to say.

"They'll love you when they see you." Felix told him enthusiastically. "Do you think you've sat long enough?" He asked Easton.

He nodded and was helped off the seat. They washed hands and Felix led him to the master bedroom. "I think your stuffies woke up too. I thought I heard crying in here a little while ago."

"Oh, no!" Easton gasped and ran into the room climbing the chair by the bed. He crawled across listening and stopped at the newest member, the Sneetch snatching him into his arms and hugging him tightly. "My poor steech was sad cause him in a stwange woom an' no know whewe I's at. Him fink I weft him." He rocked his arms back and forth. "You okay, baby. You okay, Eassy Daddy here. Shhh."

"Maybe I can help you take your babies back to your room where they are used to everything, and they can play now that they are awake." Felix suggested helpfully.

"Otay, but Steech bettew stay wiff me. Him too sad wight now."

"I have just the thing. Let's carry everyone to your room and then while you reassure everyone, I'll go get it to show you."

"Otay." He nodded his acceptance.

They bundled up the stuffies and made it to Easton's room in only two trips. Felix said he'd be right back and headed for the attic returning quickly with his prize.

Holding it up for Easton to see he explained. "It's a baby carrier. It straps to your chest like a backpack and the baby gets carried around to be close to you, but you still have your hands free to do things." He paused. "Do you want to try it on?"