Twenty - One

Parking in one of many parking spaces,  once the vehicle had stopped moving and keys were pulled out, the family hopped out of the car. It had become a rule to not unbuckle your seatbelt until the car stops moving.     (This is a very good rule.)  However, despite the rule, it didn't stop the men from putting child locks on the doors. Better safe than sorry, and even more so now that they have a little one in the car.

Scott, unfastening Easton out of his car seat, set the boy on the ground beside him, telling the quiet boy to stay still while he leaned over to get the diaper bag.

Felix had discussed with him in the car, under a light whisper so neither boy could hear them, that he let Easton wear big boy underpants, stating the darker-haired boy had put up a fit about wearing protection. And if Scott was to be honest, he wasn't too keen on the idea of Easton wearing regular underwear. But, if it caused the boy to realize he does need some sort of protection full time, then so be it.  Experience taught them to choose their battles and they hadn't brought a diaper bag for nothing.  Be Prepared wasn't just a Scouts' motto.

"ToysRus, boys?"  Felix grinned.

Amari and Nixon fist-bumped, whereas Easton frowned. He didn't know what this ToysRus is.

"It's a toy store, baby boy." Scott piped up, seeing the confusion for what it was. "Would you like us to buy some toys just for you?"

Shyly, Easton nodded, hooking a tiny index finger through one of Scott's belt hoops. He hadn't done that before, but then again he didn't want to get lost and he also wanted to walk.

"Well, let's get looking and see what we can find," Felix called back over his shoulder as he made sure no cars were coming and stood in the middle of the road acting like some sort of traffic cop, which all good adults do when children are around vehicles.

In entering the shop and getting a trolley, the family of five started walking up the first aisle, opting to go about this the old fashioned way, and walk up and down all the aisles. It gave Easton a chance to see everything.

Amari and Nixon near enough rambled on about anything they set their eyes on, pointing out different things, which both men took into account to keep in mind for birthday and Christmas presents

Nixon, thinking above everything else he's seen, that this drawing set he held with two hands was amazing.  It had all the stationary equipped with it, an easel and brushes.  He's always been the artistic one in the family, ranging from drawing on walls when he was small, to moving to paper and then finally canvases.   No lie, the young teen has talent.   And therefore, after years of begging, Nixon had gotten the all-clear that he could draw on his walls, with parental approval of the subject matter of course.  Funny how when he was young, he would get told off, but now he is allowed.  It's strange how times change.

Amari wanted everything, there was no other way to say it. He jumped from one thing to another, not quite settling on making up his mind, until he found his soon to be new obsession, a remote control car that could glide up walls, which even Scott and Felix thought was sort of cool.

Easton, on the other hand, hadn't picked out anything nor did he speak up if he did notice something. His eyes scanned over things, but he was feeling overwhelmed at all the shelves full of boxes, and displays everywhere, as well as the music and announcements over the loud speaker.  He could hardly focus on the toys.

"Easter, what about what you want? You said you liked animals and trains, right?" Amari asked him.

Easton nodded as he slid his thumb into his mouth.