One

Warning - Mentions of abuse, spanking and swearing.

I adopted this story because of the feelings it evoked in me for little Easton.  I am fixing typos of spelling and punctuation as I post the previously published chapters. The first 21 chapters are the original author's work.  As I edit (and re-edit) the first 21 chapters any major changes I make will be in bold type to help those who read this previously.  Chapter 22 will begin my new chapters.  In the world, I am a mom, the age I could be a grandma, and I have worked much of my life caring for children in many capacities. Thanks for joining me on this adventure.      -Pickle

                                                                           Tuesday 

A young, petite boy with scruffy black hair and baggy clothes that coated his frail body sat hunched in on himself in a small moldy corner of his very empty room.

Apart from two stacked mattresses and a few old drawers, the room was empty.  There was nothing in the room that could tell an outsider that a child is living here.  However, unfortunately, a child is living within the walls of the mold and crushed beer cans.

His name is Easton Porter.  He is a boy at the tender age of five that lives with his abusive father; a father who made it a habit to come home every night drunk out of his mind. Easton hated it, and quite often he is found curled up in the corner of his room as his father laid abuse after abuse on him.

It was a nightmare from which Easton could not wake up.

"You spineless idiotic son of bitch!" The drunken man shouted, spitting every word in his son's face.  This is nothing new, growing up having a year's worth of abuse handed to him, Easton had grown accustomed to it.  Or more likely Easton has become defeated by the abuse, worn down with little to no hope left inside.

It still didn't change the fact that he cried every night for someone to come and take him away from his mean daddy.  And of course, his cries of distress and pleas proved to be futile as nothing ever happens.  No one comes because no one knows of his plight.   

Yet!

Easton wishes he could go out and play in the garden like he used to do, or even have his nice daddy back.  But since his mother moved out after having a major break up with his daddy, his dad hasn't been the same since, he's gotten much worse.

The way his dad treated him got worse when he saw a letter come through the letterbox, it was the divorce papers from his wife, now ex-wife.  That, in itself, had been the last straw for Ryan, and so he was quick to drag Easton into it. Before anyone knew it, the dark-haired boy became Ryan's punching bag.  He used any excuse to beat Easton.  And he made them up when he couldn't find one.

"You fucker! You wet the bed again? Too lazy now are we to go to the bathroom? Thought you were potty trained, grow up!" Ryan tormented one morning. This was a usual morning ritual for Easton, never mind the door had been locked.

Easton shook in fear, he hadn't meant to wet the bed. He knew he was a big boy, and that Mummy and Daddy spent so long training him to not be dependent on nappies, but it just happens, and he doesn't understand why except sometimes the door is locked and he can't get out.  He's learned the hard way not to point this out though.  He's not allowed to question anything.  In fact, it's best if he only speaks to answer direct questions from his father.  He's learned to stay silent as much as possible.

Did Ryan want to help in any way? No.  He didn't care except to have an outlet for the rage boiling inside.  He was not interested in introspection to see the role he'd played in the failure of his marriage, only to lay blame somewhere else.  The only convenient source readily available was Easton and he took unrestrained advantage of that fact.